What's new

yet another watch question

If you intend to do a lot of swimming, I'd recommend getting a dive watch. There are some fantastic dive watch options in your price range, and many of them can double as a dress watch.

Certina is a Swatch Group owned watch company. IMHO, it is a mid-grade quality watch that I would put in the class with Tag Heuer. I am glad to see that they are concentrating more on the automatics now. Back in the 80's I think Swatch pegged them as their high quality quartz line to combat the onslaught of Japanese into the market. I would definitely recommend a Certina Watch.

Certina is a Swatch Group owned watch company. IMHO, it is a mid-grade quality watch that I would put in the class with Tag Heuer. I am glad to see that they are concentrating more on the automatics now. Back in the 80's I think Swatch pegged them as their high quality quartz line to combat the onslaught of Japanese into the market. I would definitely recommend a Certina Watch.

I totally agree! I have heard about people who sure know watches, and they say that a 400$ Certina is equal in the "feeling" and quality to watches for twice as much, if not more.

And that's correct, Citizen is a fashion watch maker and if you wear them on a every day basis it probably won't be too long lasting. You get what you pay for as they say.

I disagree.

I have an Eco Drive Largo Chrono that I bought used and it just keeps going. Never wear it anymore, but it stays ready if I ever want to.

I can recommend Citizen. They are an excellent manufacturer. :thumbup1:

I totally agree! I have heard about people who sure know watches, and they say that a 400$ Certina is equal in the "feeling" and quality to watches for twice as much, if not more.

As I mentioned before, the Certina website doesn't list any authorized retailers in the US. I also noticed that the Certina customer service contact information for the U.S. is actually the Tissot division of Swatch Group. I wonder if they felt that Certina was competing with Tissot over here and decided only to sell one of them.

Top Bottom