B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I use paper coffee filters for prep bowls. No cleaning. [...]
Mac:
plus-one-png.797576
...pure genius...thanx for the tip! :thumbsup:

chef-jpg.791375
“A good cutting board is a chef’s best friend”. Culinary Proverb

Last edited:
I have 4 rubber polyboards from 4x6 to a 24 X 36. They aren't as knife friendly as end grain wood, so I sharpen my knives when they need it. Also, my wife is a nurse and likes the sanitary character of the poly. I also have a huge wood board 30" square that I use for cutting vegies when cooking for crowds at MC rallies, etc.

What size cutting boards do you like (wood, rubber, plastic)
proxy.php
18x24x2 end grain block from Boardsmith for the nicer knives. I think I posted a photo of it in another thread long ago but it's his mosaic board and he has and photos on their site. The other knives tend to be used with plastic boards mostly for meat.

I use the proteak 24x18 end grain teak board. I also have a few color-coded plastic ones that I use on top for raw meats. I love having that much space to work.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I sure do see some mighty nice and fine cutting boards (of different woods, materials, styles, patterns et. al :drool:),...keep the pics coming!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"A kitchen without a [cutting board] (which you put your 'soul' into), is not a kitchen". Chef Masaharu Morimoto

Last edited:
When we spent months cycling around Europe in the early days of our marriage we used the inside surface of a big Frisbee we had with us as our cutting board. Cutting it up didn't seem to have any affect on it's flight.
dave

Our island top is a 5'x5' walnut cutting board/worktop/catch-all. It's very handy for when there is a lot of prep or for when there are 2 or more people working in the kitchen. I still find myself reaching for a 12"x18" wooden board with most vegetables. For meats, fish, and messy/pungent vegetables (beets/garlic), I go for HDPE boards.

Top Bottom