What's new

Invicta Automatic Diver as 1st Automatic Watch

Ed
the 8926 is a classic and is what started it all for the re-birth of Invicta, the original 8926 did not have the wings on the 2nd hand and in fact they were sued by Rolex when it came out, as a knock-off instead of an homage. Later on they stopped the coin edge bezel, and then brought it back. it is a great work horse, has a virtually indestructible Miyota auto movement, Good choice to start the path down this particular rabbit hole, wearing mine today, as I have for the last week or so

$8926 A.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ed, I love my Invicta dive watch. The bezel is really a neat function. When we get a sim call, if the problem isn't fixed in an hour we have to send out a sim down email. So, when I get a call, I just set the bezel and get to work. It beats the heck out of starting a timer on the phone, or remembering what time they called when you're in the heat of the moment. Mine gains a minute a week, and I am happy with that. I know some guys get all wound up (no pun intended) on storing their watches in different positions to speed up or slow down the movement when not wearing it. I could invest a lot of time trying to figure out how to compensate for that minute, or I could just reset the watch. I do the latter. Here is mine (for the OCD people out there, I never set the bezel back to 0, I just let it stay where it was the last time I used it).

$invicta.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That was easy, thanks guys. Ordered!

Good show. I think you will like it. If you have to remove a link or two, just look at the back of the band. There is an arrow on the removable links that indicate which way to knock the pin to get it out. It took me all of 2 minutes to remove a link and hook everything back up.

It's greatest strength is its greatest weakness in that it looks so much like a Rolex. I Like Oreint bette for a bit more money- in house movement, solid buid quality and a universal pick by watch savants re 1st auto watches. I would look at the Mako and Ray lines if you want a bracelet and a Bambino if you are wearing a strap.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's greatest strength is its greatest weakness in that it looks so much like a Rolex. I Like Oreint bette for a bit more money- in house movement, solid buid quality and a universal pick by watch savants re 1st auto watches. I would look at the Mako and Ray lines if you want a bracelet and a Bambino if you are wearing a strap.
I like the Orients, but right now they are out of my range (life got temporarily in the way). I will have one some day, though- just on a strict budget right now. I picked up the one in the picture at a pawn store, brand new, for $45 out the door.

Top Bottom