What's new

Yet another Personna / AccuTec thread.

Got a box of the comfort coated
nothing on the blades
$15 from the rain forest figure get some while they are around in this packaging as I said in other threads not my top blade but in top 5 worth having the original package and 100 should do me
if anything happens to my GSB or green 7 I have a backup and would be happy with these as my main blade though

IMG_9043.jpeg

nothing on the blades
$15 from the rain forest figure get some while they are around in this packaging as I said in other threads not my top blade but in top 5 worth having the original package and 100 should do me
if anything happens to my GSB or green 7 I have a backup and would be happy with these as my main blade though

View attachment 1828464
Any markings on the blade itself? White wrapper? Open the top of the box and check the production date. I feel like 2024 production dates have Zero markings on them

nothing on the blades
Any markings on the blade itself? White wrapper? Open the top of the box and check the production date. I feel like 2024 production dates have Zero markings on them
my mistake, you did say there was nothing on the blade

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just checked a blade from the 6 boxes of Personna Comfort Coated USA blades... Etched.... I didn't look at the box to see if it has a manufacturing date... I'll look now, before I forget..... 2020 AccuTec....

I just checked a blade from the 6 boxes of Personna Comfort Coated USA blades... Etched.... I didn't look at the box to see if it has a manufacturing date... I'll look now, before I forget..... 2020 AccuTec....
The production date is stamped inside the top of the box where it says PERSONNA in white lettering. There are pics in this thread of it

Yeah, mine are too. The blades provide a nice shave, though I've had 3 duds so far. That has been a bit disconcerting.
I've been lucky so far. Hopefully when I dive in to the other boxes I won't find a bunch of duds. I'm sort of gambling on them being fine. I don't want to buy more. I may buy more Dorcos -- they are really fine blades (Titans and Primes). ... and have great longevity like the Comfort Coated.

Just bought 100’s from Amazon for 16.40. 1st time and want to try Personna.

Imagine how surprise I was when I saw no markings on the blades at all. Could not even tell what it is and different from the image being advertise.

Thanks to @Phoenixkh for pointing me here. I was about to throw it away, looks like used blades up close. Scary stuff.

IMG_8641.jpeg
IMG_8642.jpeg

Just bought 100’s from Amazon for 16.40. 1st time and want to try Personna.

Imagine how surprise I was when I saw no markings on the blades at all. Could not even tell what it is and different from the image being advertise.

Thanks to @Phoenixkh for pointing me here. I was about to throw it away, looks like used blades up close. Scary stuff.

View attachment 1831029View attachment 1831028
The re-branded Personna Comfort Coated (Accuforge) are unmarked. My guess is you got the same blade. But to be sure, I would shave with one or two and see if you like it. If you like the shave, it's probably the same blade. The "USA Made" on the box is why I think you got the right blade.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have 600 of the older version of the Personna Comfort Coated blades I bought back on Dec. 3rd, 2022. I only bought that many because the price was too high otherwise.

i doubt I'll need any more, but if I decide to add a few 100, I'll wait until the dust settles.. if it ever does. As I've stated previously, I would hope AccuTec makes their products more widely available in the future, but they are an odd company, looking from the outside in...

The re-branded Personna Comfort Coated (Accuforge) are unmarked. My guess is you got the same blade. But to be sure, I would shave with one or two and see if you like it. If you like the shave, it's probably the same blade. The "USA Made" on the box is why I think you got the right blade.
That’s a big relief. Reading the previos posts though makes me realize that buying it for 16.40 is a bit over priced. 🤔🤣

Has anyone purchased AccuForge branded blades from anywhere but Razor Emporium? I swore I saw some earlier on but now they're the only one I can find, and they seem expensively priced, at least relative to Personna branded blades in other places.

I liked the Personna blades I got with my Blackland ERA's which I assumed were "Lab Blues". And I guess are the same thing as these "Comfort Coated" blades. I had planned on buying more and giving them a go in other razors in the future. Looks like I should try to grab some of the older stock if I can find any in case they change the blades.

The ones with my ERA were just plain white wrapper and were etched. I don't mind paying a couple bucks more for old stock if I was sure to get the right blades. I doubt I'd ever need more then a couple boxes since I have plenty of Russian blades to keep me happy. I just like the ability to go back to my favorite blades in the future if I find a combination that works well for me so at least 100 of each is ideal to me.

That adds up when you have a lot of blades you like but it's nice to have variety and blade security.

Top Bottom