What's new

Yes, ..... another Bay Rum question --- LOL !

Hello Gentlemen .....

I took a well deserved break from "lots of computer stuff" this Summer, so it's nice to be back on the forums.
Yes, ..... I know this has been asked before, but I'd appreciate some more recent comments.

My favorite Bay Rum soaps are Stirling and Barrister & Mann, (with Stirling a notch above the B & M), but I want
to try something different this Autumn and Winter. What are some really nice suggestions to tickle my fancy ?
I'm particularly interested in the offering from Captain's Choice, so some specific thoughts on this would also be
most welcome. So, gents, let's hear from you ! Thanks a lot ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My favorite is simple - Ethos and a new batch is coming. No synthetics in it either, the Bay Rum is natural.

Normal bay rum for me is in the pic. IMG_3377.png

Phoenix & Beau Bayrum is one of my favourites of the year. Its a quintessential Bayrum scent but it is blended in a very sophisticated way and also includes clove and allspice whilst adding in citrus topnotes. So its a slightly more modern scent but still very much a classic bayrum. The soap is great as well, not quite elite, but very, very good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Cap'n makes a straight up Bay Rum.

It's the closest to the old Avon from the early 60's which is my tape measure for Bay Rum.

I think I am going to make a homemade Bay Rum soap by mixing the vintage Avon aftershave with a scent-free vintage soap. I did that with some old Brut over a year ago and it STILL smells like the day I first used it.

Thanks Gents ….. I appreciate all your replies.
I just ordered the Captain’s Choice Bay Rum soap.
Nicely convinced by Farmer Tan and Breen.

I think you’re gonna love it!

FarmerTan is dead on, with the Avon comparison.

I’ve got Bay Rums from lots of brands, but Avon was my first Bay Rum and I admittedly compare all Bay Rum to it.

Captain’s Choice is the closest to it in my opinion, but warmer, and spicier than Avon.

I also find most of the Captain’s aftershaves pair exceptionally well with the Bay Rum soap. (Bay Rum, Co9T, Lime, Sandalwood, 45th Parallel, Nor’easter)

Here’s a gratuitous shot of my Avon Bay Rum hoard.

1694534711755.jpeg

My favorite Bay Rum Shaving Soap is Lather and Wood. You can find it on Amazon. I don't care for Captain's Choice. Way tto much clove for my taste. It shaves well though. It is a softer soap, leaning toward being a croap.

If you like a very heavy clove scent, try Ogolla (spelling). I didn't care for it either.

Hello Gentlemen .....

I took a well deserved break from "lots of computer stuff" this Summer, so it's nice to be back on the forums.
Yes, ..... I know this has been asked before, but I'd appreciate some more recent comments.

My favorite Bay Rum soaps are Stirling and Barrister & Mann, (with Stirling a notch above the B & M), but I want
to try something different this Autumn and Winter. What are some really nice suggestions to tickle my fancy ?
I'm particularly interested in the offering from Captain's Choice, so some specific thoughts on this would also be
most welcome. So, gents, let's hear from you ! Thanks a lot ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Another suggestion from ETHOS, Tortola.

Tortola is our new Tropical Bay Rum Skin Food Splash with all the ingredients found in our Traditional Bay Rum with a handmade infusion of West Indies Bay Rum Leaves, with added fresh Pineapple, Tangerines, Oranges, Limes and Coconut.

I bought the Skin Food Splash as it was originally a one-time thing. I was so hoping Frank would make a matching soap. Looks like the soap is scheduled for production and should be released this year.

In Razorock Black Bay you can sense somewhat of a herbal minty note, very organic. Never in my life smelt the actual Bay Leaf from which the rum is made of, but I guess that's the closest you can get when it comes to purity.
No cloves, cinnamon additions here by any means. Just the raw Bay leaf plant.

Top Bottom