What's new

YatesM/H OR Tatara MASAMUNE ,which should I buy

My beard is stiff, but not dense, and I shave my beard every other day. I like BBS.Now I'm using Aluminum LUPO,but I feel it's a bit inefficient ,so Which one should I choose?I need your help

I have both razors, and use them both in regular rotation. Both razors are mild, but the Yates M (which is the version I have) seems milder. The Masamune would be my pick. I might try some different blades (Feather, Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue, etc,) to see which work best for you.

I have both razors, and use them both in regular rotation. Both razors are mild, but the Yates M (which is the version I have) seems milder. The Masamune would be my pick. I might try some different blades (Feather, Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue, etc,) to see which work best for you.
Thank you very much,i like nacet ,it's sharp

I have not used a Yates, but I have had the Masamune for about 3 years and it is one of my favorite razors. Despite being mild on the face, it is one of the most efficient mild razors I own. While virtually any blade works in the Masamune, my favorite is the Nacet, followed by Permasharp.

Yates H would be my choice out of those 3, and I would avoid the stonewash finish. It sticks to my face and doesn't glide.

I have a Tatara Nodachi, and I would consider it the efficiency you're seeking, but I wouldn't buy it with the DLC finish again. I would get it plain.

我没有使用过Yates,但我拥有Masamune大约3年了,它是我最喜欢的剃须刀之一。尽管面部温和,但它是我拥有的最有效的温和剃须刀之一。虽然几乎任何刀片都可以在Masamune中使用,但我最喜欢的是Nacet,其次是Permasharp。它
Tatara is beautiful

Yates H would be my choice out of those 3, and I would avoid the stonewash finish. It sticks to my face and doesn't glide.

I have a Tatara Nodachi, and I would consider it the efficiency you're seeking, but I wouldn't buy it with the DLC finish again. I would get it plain.
Is Nodachi suitable for a long beard? STONEWASHED not smooth enough?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
If I were you I would get the Nodachi SB. It's not more dangerous then a Game Changer .84 SB. The OC is even more tame than the OC of the Game Changer.

I like the looks of the scalloped Nodachi SB, but it must be said that the OC is barely more aggressive but more efficient.

Alternatively, the Lupo .72 in steel would be an upgrade in efficiency compared to the aluminum version.

You could try the Lupo DC... .95 SB and .72 OC side.

If you get the Nodachi, get also the stand and don't be afraid of the long handle. It's very grippy, despite not liking like being that.

The Masamune is a card popular razor and Tatara makes very beautiful razors, but I would rather go for the Nodachi. The Masamune might not be an upgrade, it is also a very mild razor.

I have both and prefer the Yates H. Both are great razors but I use my Yates more often. I have all the Tatara plates and caps and use the Nodachi combo most often when I shave with it.

I have both and prefer the Yates H. Both are great razors but I use my Yates more often. I have all the Tatara plates and caps and use the Nodachi combo most often when I shave with it.
Is H more efficient than TATARA N is?

If I were you I would get the Nodachi SB. It's not more dangerous then a Game Changer .84 SB. The OC is even more tame than the OC of the Game Changer.

I like the looks of the scalloped Nodachi SB, but it must be said that the OC is barely more aggressive but more efficient.

Alternatively, the Lupo .72 in steel would be an upgrade in efficiency compared to the aluminum version.

You could try the Lupo DC... .95 SB and .72 OC side.

If you get the Nodachi, get also the stand and don't be afraid of the long handle. It's very grippy, despite not liking like being that.

The Masamune is a card popular razor and Tatara makes very beautiful razors, but I would rather go for the Nodachi. The Masamune might not be an upgrade, it is also a very mild razor.
LUPO95 is too aggressive for me and probably wouldn't be a good fit for me if tatara N is similar to 95

It is for me, yet it’s not super aggressive. I used the 921-M for a couple of years then decided to give the H plate a try…..now I’m hooked. Beats out my Blackbird, Nodachi, Henson Ti22….etc.
It's very tempting

I love my Tataras. My favorite razor/razors. Masamune is great with a sharp blade and no irritation or cuts.
I haven’t tried the full Nodachi yet, but I use that base with the Masamune cap for a large gap/slightly negative blade exposure.
However, the Nodachi cap/Masamune base combo is just about perfect for me. I prefer the Nodachi handle. The shallow angle of any Tatara will allow me to get smooth results under my chin and neck where the hairs are low angled. The Nodachi cap/Masamune base has a neutral blade exposure, but smaller gap, so it is efficient with a sharp blade yet smooth and irritation free. Great for ATG and fool’s pass.

Top Bottom