What's new

YatesM/H OR Tatara MASAMUNE ,which should I buy

sorry,i mean Yates H
On my troubled parties, the Yates H isn´t more effective than the Blackbird. But Yates H reach the BBS with less effort. And Yates M reach the BBS with more effort than Blackbird. And the Yates EH is at the Blackland Dart level with a shallow or neutral shaving angle (on Dart). Dart on step angle has efficiency like Blackbird, or Yates M or H.

Last edited:
On my troubled parties, the Yates H isn´t more effective than the Blackbird. But Yates H reach the BBS with less effort. And Yates M reach the BBS with more effort than Blackbird. And the Yates EH is at the Blackland Dart level with a shallow or neutral shaving angle (on Dart). Dart on step angle has efficiency like Blackbird, or Yates M or H.
It also depends on priorities. Blackbird and Dart have a greater blade feel on the face, slightly scratching. It suits my skin better. In the long run, it's less irritating for me. Yates is similar to Blackbird, but is softer, more comfortable, more carefree (the razor blade occupies a smaller angle to the skin).

thank you ,yates is a real nice razor

Mine is the as machined finish and I love it. I have heard that the polished is too slippery. The stonewash finish is the most popular and people seem to really like it.
stonewash is more resistant to dirt and durable, and better at tidying?

I have stonewash and bead blast versions. Both are great, but I use the bead blast more often. I had a polished one and sold it. A bit slick to grip with wet, soapy hands.

I've had the pleasure of using both of these razors, both are cool and good ...

I also recommend Green Cult 🌿
A very good razor

Rasierhobel-Silber-600x600.jpg

I've almost bought Green Cult, but in the meantime I've read somewhat conflicting views on its aggressiveness. I'm not sure he would stand up to Blackland and Yates.
You know, feeling aggressive is an individual matter.

Personally, I prefer aggressive razors, in my opinion Green Cult is quite gentle, maybe at most ... moderately aggressive.

But this is my opinion. In my opinion it is a very good razor with a very good proportion of aggressiveness and efficiency .... I personally recommend it.

I've almost bought Green Cult, but in the meantime I've read somewhat conflicting views on its aggressiveness. I'm not sure he would stand up to Blackland and Yates.
I had a Green Cult razor, but ended up selling it. Its a great razor for the money, but it was not as comfortable to me as my Yates and Blackbird. Same end results just not as fun getting there.

I had a Green Cult razor, but ended up selling it. Its a great razor for the money, but it was not as comfortable to me as my Yates and Blackbird. Same end results just not as fun getting there.
Thank you. I knew that a little bit. Good razor, but superfluous for me. I am not a collector, I try to stabilize my razors for the best ones for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom