What's new

Yates Winning razor Titanium preorder just went live

Thank you! Well, I had to get it, even though I'm currently waiting for a 2nd all Ti 921-M (solid bar and comb bar to complement my existing one with a scalloped bar--I usually use 2 razors, different blade for against the grain).

Yes. And the $75 steel version, which I received last week is one of the best razors I have ever used at any price. Puts razor makers who charge 2-3x prices for inferior quality steel to shame, in my opinion.
How does it compare to the Drakkants (original, Plus, OC), Kopparkant (original and Plus) , Yates 921 M/H/EH, 'Merica and even the V1 Winning in terms of efficiency.

How does it compare to the Drakkants (original, Plus, OC), Kopparkant (original and Plus) , Yates 921 M/H/EH, 'Merica and even the V1 Winning in terms of efficiency.
I have all of those razors mentioned above, while I don't have v2 of the winning razor, Jake did mention that it shaves identical to v1, which I have.
To answer your question, the plus, OC Drakkant/Kopparkant, and the 921 H/EH are more efficient than the winning.

I have all of those razors mentioned above, while I don't have v2 of the winning razor, Jake did mention that it shaves identical to v1, which I have.
To answer your question, the plus, OC Drakkant/Kopparkant, and the 921 H/EH are more efficient than the winning.
Yeah I already have the Winning and it's too mild for me so I'll pass on this new one if it's the same.

Yeah I already have the Winning and it's too mild for me so I'll pass on this new one if it's the same.

Would love to hear your opinion on the 921 from a blade feel perspective. I’ve been considering this razor in Titanium for some time. Jake recommended the M plate based on what I’m using and my general preferences. The Timeless Ti 95 SB is my daily driver. I don’t like blade feel but do love a smooth and efficient razor.

Reactions: Kix
Would love to hear your opinion on the 921 from a blade feel perspective. I’ve been considering this razor in Titanium for some time. Jake recommended the M plate based on what I’m using and my general preferences. The Timeless Ti 95 SB is my daily driver. I don’t like blade feel but do love a smooth and efficient razor.
I think you'd like the winning and the M plate.

I picked up a V1 for $25 second hand. Still remember feeling the weight of it and checking what price it originally sold for. Decided to pre order the titanium because it was very well made.

Always willing to support a vendor who makes reasonably priced razors that perform just as well as their more expensive competitors and almost as good as their more expensive lines.

The winning is to Yates what the Era is to Blackland (In my own opinion price wise). Hope to see more razors like them in the future.

edit (I see clothing companies do colabs with each other…have there ever been really good razor colab? Need a history lesson 😂…)

Last edited:
I picked up a V1 for $25 second hand. Still remember feeling the weight of it and checking what price it originally sold for. Decided to pre order the titanium because it was very well made.

Always willing to support a vendor who makes reasonably priced razors that perform just as well as their more expensive competitors and almost as good as their more expensive lines.

The winning is to Yates what the Era is to Blackland (In my own opinion price wise). Hope to see more razors like them in the future.

edit (I see clothing companies do colabs with each other…have there ever been really good razor colab? Need a history lesson 😂…)
Yates makes the Drakkant razor for Aylsworth. And he'll be making the Ti Paradigm Diamondback. I think he makes razors for others as well, but they chose to remain unnamed.

Top Bottom