What's new

Titanium razor handle

I agree with many that think the Timeless Crown is a gorgeous handle, definitely my favourite! I did purchase the titanium Destroyer and the KVT from DSCosmetic and they are both amazing as well. The Timeless Spiral is another one I have and it is also a beauty.
20240410_005139.jpg

I agree with many that think the Timeless Crown is a gorgeous handle, definitely my favourite! I did purchase the titanium Destroyer and the KVT from DSCosmetic and they are both amazing as well. The Timeless Spiral is another one I have and it is also a beauty.

Great looking lineup. I have a question regarding grippines of knurling on those handles. How would you rate it from high to low. I do not like super grippy knurling, as I like it more on the low to mid end. (for reference Rex Ambassador and Razorock Super Knurl I consider having highly grippy knurling)

Great looking lineup. I have a question regarding grippines of knurling on those handles. How would you rate it from high to low. I do not like super grippy knurling, as I like it more on the low to mid end. (for reference Rex Ambassador and Razorock Super Knurl I consider having highly grippy knurling)
These are not uncomfortable at all. Low to mid would be a good description.
Spiral>Crown>KVT>Destroyer would be the order from low to high "grippyness", but even the Destroyer is very easy on the fingers. I think you would like any of these

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Amorphous Metal the polish used by DSCosmetics seems to be an electropolish, so their hands are all smooth, if not even a bit slippery. They mostly have grip through shape rather than the knurls. This has the advantage that it isn't as spiky as say the Razorock Superknurl, but they are also not as grippy as say the Alpha Viper and other Viper handles.

For the Destroyer, Chelko has the Ti Destroyer and that is IMO a better choice than the SS, while I usually prefer SS it is a big, very heavy handle and see above, my SS Destroyer requires me to pinch it between the knurled section of the handle to get a firm hold with wet fingers. I love the looks, but really wish I would have picked the Ti. But that option didn't exist years ago IIRC, they initially only offered the Karve-clone and another in Ti.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've been looking for a nice titanium razor handle to go on my lupo .95 OC head . So far I like the timeless H8 , the Yates one seems nice but looks.to smooth compared to what I'm used to. Just looking for some other suggestions

12-6-21.ATT.CR1.Radiator.SS-NIL.Zenith.Unbleached.640.JPG

12-2-21.Tibam.Radiator.Set.640.JPG

Tibam custom handles - made in Russia - are currently unobtanium. Otherwise, I'd be pointing you in that direction.

Happy shaves,

Jim

@Amorphous Metal , I think @Iridian has a good point with Ti vs SS. The DSCosmetic handles I have are 14 mm in diameter and would probably be not very comfortable for what I like. I like 14 mm, but only in titanium, because I like the razors to be head heavy. Another option you have if buying from Aliexpress is the Yaqi handles. Some of them seem very smooth. The one I have (Yaqi Saturn) is definitely smooth, but you can't go wrong with any of the ones we've been discussing.
20240411_003508.jpg

Top Bottom