What's new

Titanium razor handle

I've been looking for a nice titanium razor handle to go on my lupo .95 OC head . So far I like the timeless H8 , the Yates one seems nice but looks.to smooth compared to what I'm used to. Just looking for some other suggestions

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The Timeless Ti Crown has been seen not only as handle for my Lupo .95 OC. Also known as TRH8, you probably meant it with H8.
Alternatively, the 88mm Yaqi Spiral handle in stainless steel.
Lots of polished Yaqi handles are available as well, the Milano handle fits very nicely to their Lupo clones, but it looks shinier polished than the machine finish of Razorock, the more matte stainless steel handle is a better fit, IMO.

The Timeless Ti Crown has been seen not only as handle for my Lupo .95 OC. Also known as TRH8, you probably meant it with H8.
Alternatively, the 88mm Yaqi Spiral handle in stainless steel.
Lots of polished Yaqi handles are available as well, the Milano handle fits very nicely to their Lupo clones, but it looks shinier polished than the machine finish of Razorock, the more matte stainless steel handle is a better fit, IMO.
Ive see the yaqi razors and they do have a lot of offerings I've just never delt with AliExpress and that the only place I've found them, but I've seen a lot of videos and reviews on yaqi so Ali express must be legit. I still am leaning towards the timeless crown handle but there may be something in the yaqi line up . I do like the spiral.one

Oh boy now I'm looking at the yaqi ghost titanium razor I'm not the biggest fan of the handle but it is titanium and it would get a whole razor for a good price, how aggressive is that razor head though?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@vhahne559 this is the Lupo .95 OC with the Ti Crown and the Yaqi 1.05 DC "Vostok" clone with the SS Milano handle. It's a 12mm max handle so rather thin and light, but long.

YTimComp.jpg

P.S. that the handle to the right is totally crooked is due to my photography skills and leaning my left hand onto the microfiber towel they were standing on. 🤪🙈
P.P.S. the spiral handle can be found by searching for Lupo, Spiral and my username. I have it away with a SuperSlant head to a friend.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi has little imagination...for putting the name Milan on that handle🤣
What are the differences between Lupo and Vostok?
Very few, it's a clone, bit they raised the gap on the high end. The 1.05 dual comb has higher exposure and larger gap and quite some unsupported blade, so it's more audible and not as well clampt down. It is still one of my favorites, as it has a1 05 gap dual comb. The .95 SB, .72 OC design of the Lupo DC failed me in this regard.

The true question is what is especially Milanese about this handle. 😀

It's a good fit for Lupo and similar heads, though.

Oh boy now I'm looking at the yaqi ghost titanium razor I'm not the biggest fan of the handle but it is titanium and it would get a whole razor for a good price, how aggressive is that razor head though?
Not aggressive at all but very efficient. I got it last week and can't stop using it. Very smooth with a gap of .70 and I'm averaging 11hr bbs shaves with it.
The blade clamping is very rigid... reminds me of the Blutt or Salient which is the main reason I chose it. Thin head, nimble and light. $136 for a Ti razor but I didn't expect to be so impressed.

edit: the last time I talked with the maker of Windrose handles back in the spring, he told me he wasn't making anymore handles for new stock. That's when I purchased two more RA3 Ti handles. I think what shows now on Ebay is leftover stock that hasn't sold out yet unless he changed his mind.

Last edited:
Not aggressive at all but very efficient. I got it last week and can't stop using it. Very smooth with a gap of .70 and I'm averaging 11hr bbs shaves with it.
The blade clamping is very rigid... reminds me of the Blutt or Salient which is the main reason I chose it. Thin head, nimble and light. $136 for a Ti razor but I didn't expect to be so impressed.

edit: the last time I talked with the maker of Windrose handles back in the spring, he told me he wasn't making anymore handles for new stock. That's when I purchased two more RA3 Ti handles. I think what shows now on Ebay is leftover stock that hasn't sold out yet unless he changed his mind.

Have you also experienced using the Ghost 70SP head in SS? I am quite curious about the steel head which they say is the next iteration of the ghost Ti. Specifically, blade exposure. Yaqi as ever, can't be bothered to release the spec on the exposure

Have you also experienced using the Ghost 70SP head in SS? I am quite curious about the steel head which they say is the next iteration of the ghost Ti. Specifically, blade exposure. Yaqi as ever, can't be bothered to release the spec on the exposure

Interesting. First I've seen of that one. It looks identical to the Ghost 70 Ti head except for that serrated safety bar. Looks like some nice rigid blade clamping all the way across. Sorry, I couldn't say for sure but I'd imagine it would shave similar to the Ti version.

I agree about the blade exposure. I messaged them for the blade exposure on the 70 ti or the 90SB in stainless. They responded saying about 1.0mm and included an overhead photo of the head with a blade installed and perfect blade reveal on each side.
Maybe she didn't know the difference or perhaps my question was lost in translation. 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. First I've seen of that one. It looks identical to the Ghost 70 Ti head except for that serrated safety bar. Looks like some nice rigid blade clamping all the way across. Sorry, I couldn't say for sure but I'd imagine it would shave similar to the Ti version.

I agree about the blade exposure. I messaged them for the blade exposure on the 70 ti or the 90SB in stainless. They responded saying about 1.0mm and included an overhead photo of the head with a blade installed and perfect blade reveal on each side.
Maybe she didn't know the difference or perhaps my question was lost in translation. 🤷‍♂️
From what I know of, and this coming from youtube reviews, for the SS head: One reviewer mentioned that the blade exposure is not neutral, but almost. So, it could be maybe .02mm - efficient but still mild. Some other reviewer mentioned that there was some blade feel but not much, and I am guessing .05 from his review which puts the razor again at efficient, but maybe not as smooth as the Ti head.

The Ti head, I gather also has exposure at .02 mm

Top Bottom