What's new

Ya like Dags? My foray into wet shaving and the honorable order of aquisition

So, I mentioned in my post above that the vendor whom I purchased the Declaration Grooming soap from ended up shipping the incorrect soap. I've contacted the vendor and they were very quick to respond and are sending the correct soap out, and insisted I keep the soap that they initially sent. Very impressed with the customer service, and they have earned my business for anything they keep in stock from here on out, even if it happens to be slightly more expensive. Thank you @Groomatorium for the exceptional customer service...you've gained a long time customer through this, and I will recommend you to anyone that I enable while I'm out here and elsewhere in the future!

Well...I DID shave today and thought I posted...apparently not. Not going back in to do so now. So y'all get a twofer tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Sunday, 4 March, 2018
Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars | Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed Z-2 | 7 O’Clock Black (2)
Currently on Shave #462 | Still on Straight shave #275

A rushed shave, as it was a last minute decision to shave, so a quick post. There was just enough stubble that I knew it was going to bother me the rest of the day. I didn’t have all that much time, however, so another DE shave it was. In order to compare some of the new blades, staying with the same razor helps, so I grabbed the Z-2 Superspeed once again and loaded the Black 7 O’Clock. The soap and brush are known quantities, both very good performers.

Only two passes today, skipping the WTG pass, and another nice DFS shave to start the day. From start to the end of the clean-up, the shave only took 15 minutes which was perfect for this morning. The balm from HeV is one of the better ones that I’ve tried, as long as you don’t use too much. I topped off with some Penhaligon’s Halfeti and went off to get elbow deep into the day. Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

4 March 2018 SOTD.jpeg

Monday, 5 March, 2018
Stirling Agar | C.V. Heljestrand Mk 31
Currently on Shave #463 | Straight shave #276

Continuing on with the woody theme, this morning brought Stirling Agar to the table. This is probably my least favorite of the group, scent wise, as there really isn’t too much scent in the puck, maybe a 1/5 on the SOS. But, it’s Stirling’s soap base, so is a great performer and this morning is no exception. I took my time loading the big Brad Sears Yokozuna, and slowly adding water, was rewarded with a beautifully shinny and slick lather. The Mk 31 was still going well, still nice and keen but smooth. Three passes and some clean-up and a return to BBS land. I did catch a couple of weepers on the corner of the mouth which closed up quickly, and there was enough feedback from the alum to let me know I had just shaved. Since the soap was relatively unscented, I went with an unscented witch hazel, and a very lightly scented Nivea Sensitive Cooling balm. The EdC for the day was a Bvlgari vial that I got on my flight back to the states. It carries spicy wood accords, and dries down to a nice amber finish, so fits the theme rather well. It says it's au The Noir, or black tea, and that is an apt description. Quite nice, though I won't be purchasing a full bottle.
5 March 2018 SOTD.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Nice shave Josh. I should break out my 830 sometime soon. I don't remember the last time it got any use.

Thanks Eric...I don't know why, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed the boar brush the other day. It's definitely my best hog hair brush in the den...out of two. lol

Getting caught up. Nice shaves.

Thanks Don!

Great couple of shaves and pictures Josh!
Nice read! That Brad Sears is huge!

Yokozuna is a pleasingly plump lathering machine for sure!

Great to hear!

I think that often times boar brushes are overlooked. They can certainly be outstanding lather machines.

That Semogue is definitely going to get a more prominent place in the rotation after that showing the other day, for sure!

Some more great shaves and awesome photos, Josh!

Thanks Jim!

@Dagwoodz HI! I didn't know you were a B&B member. I am sorry that I messed up on your order but glad you are happy with the resolution. I do mess up, but I try my best to fix it when I do.

To err is human for sure, but you definitely made up for it, and have definitely earned my loyalty for the future. Already lining up another order! (have to fulfill my C.E.C. duties for the month) BTW, I missed the previous release of the GTB EdP, is there another release planned in the future?

They have been available since last Friday again - now with bigger, better bottles :)
take my money.jpg

Getting caught up Josh and I agree @Groomatorium has my business for sure. Their customer service is far and above what I expect from companies in society today
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim!

OOh.. time to scan the page!

yeah....already did so, just waiting to pull the trigger. lol

Very nice catch up Josh and Ron @Groomatorium is a top notch fellow all the way, I too am a customer for life

Thanks Dave! Between the B&B radio interviews, other people's experiences and now mine, that's now the first place I consider when I do any shopping, the first place I'll recommend to others!

Well, no shave today, hopefully tomorrow there will be, however. Been a full couple of days and nights, but I can't really complain too terribly much as they've flown by. Hope everyone's Tuesday went / is going well!

Top Bottom