What's new

WTB - Nice Writing Pen (Suggestions?)

You might want to consider Levenger pens - offered in the grand tradition of recommending what you yourself own. I have both a rollerball and a ballpoint and I'm super happy with them, though I never test drove anything at higher price points. I think they have a store in Boca if you ever get that way.

If you get a decent pen, you'll enjoy decent paper. Levenger index cards are an absolute joy, too.

I also carry a space pen everyday, everywhere. A Space Pen is a good place to start. You might find that it's enough for you.

Hello All,

I have always been a fan of nice pens and writing instruments. As far back as I can remember my Dad has always owned a Mont Blanc or Waterman pen for his briefcase.

You are never wrong with Pelikan. Classy and a classic, and a reliable pen. Color and a nib size are your preferences. My favorites are F nib for all office use, and M for private correspondence and everything else. Most likely you'll like M600 size. Big plus on Pelikan: piston filler.

Or, if it's about a budget, get a black Waterman Phileas with F nib.

I've always been a big fan of fountain pens. My daily users are either a Lamy Safari or a Waterman Expert. Check Ebay for some prices and you may be pleasantly surprised.
As others have said, I would recommend not spending too much until you work out your preference.

I agree with all the Pelikan recommendations above; I know I love mine.

I would add the Pilot Vanishing Point / Capless to the list. Lovely heft and balance, typical Asian nib sizing, lovely writer. Only downsize is convertor capacity: it doesn't hold a great deal of ink. If I am writing a lot, I can get two days tops from it.

And the recommendation on the Parker 51 is spot on. I picked up a vintage one, a Vacumatic model, and it has treated me superbly. Regardless of time idle, it writes straight off every time!

Lamy 2000

Had one of these, and it leaked from every conceivable place a fountain pen could leak...Lots of folks love 'em, but it seems as though poor seals are fairly common with the 2000s. Lamy does have first rate customer service, however.

I recently pulled the trigger on a Lamy Vista with an XF nib that I'm looking forward to trying out.

I'm really partial to the Visconti Divina, the Nakaya Decapod, and the S.T. Dupont Orpheo.

Top Bottom