What's new

Would You Recommend the Proraso Single Blade Line of Creams? Pros/Cons

I know. That's my point!
I can vouch for every one of these statements! Especially the suggestive speed limits. Lol. However? Last time I was in Italy on my honeymoon. (Now divorced.) In 2009. On Autostrada 7 I think it was from Sorrento or Rome to Florence. I came to find out one year later They clocked me in between toll checkpoints and sent me a speeding ticket in the mail to my parents address in America. I couldn't have been doing more than 85 to 90 mph.

I bought their whole wood and spice lineup except for that blade and brush. That's beautiful! It has a older gentleman scent about it. I love it. It's different. Very musky.
Wood & Spice is my favorite of this trio; especially given it's slightly mentholated.
On multi day growth, I like to use the Beard Balm after my morning facewash followed by the pre-shave a couple hours later.

I do really like this fragrance. A close second for me to Proraso Red.

I bought their whole wood and spice lineup except for that blade and brush. That's beautiful! It has an older gentleman scent about it. I love it. It's different. Very musky.
Wood and spice is my favorite scent of any of the Proraso scents. I want to get the matching aftershave. I consider the scent to be a gentleman’s scent but wouldn’t limit it to older gentlemen

Wood and spice is my favorite scent of any of the Proraso scents. I want to get the matching aftershave. I consider the scent to be a gentleman’s scent but wouldn’t limit it to older gentlemen
Wearing it today and loving it. I'm addicted to it. It's becoming my regular go to. I wouldn't limit it to older gentlemen either. Just stating my personal preferences and what it reminds me of. I typically go for a balance of Musk, Warm, and mildly sweet stuff. Especially in the fall months. Summer I typically go for citrus notes, floral, sweet, and a little Musk. It all really just deoends Plus. There's a side of me that is an old soul, and a side of me that's a young kid. I'm 43 but I've always been this way with the balance of the two since I was a kid and loving older things and era's 30's 40's 50's etc. Traditional. But also staying cool current and relevant to a degree. This stuff just really has that old school barber shop, smoking cigar lounge, dapper, parlor type of feel to it. That's why I say "older gentlemen." But it's good for anyone. It's very masculine. But not overly musky.

Wearing it today and loving it. I'm addicted to it. It's becoming my regular go to. I wouldn't limit it to older gentlemen either. Just stating my personal preferences and what it reminds me of. I typically go for a balance of Musk, Warm, and mildly sweet stuff. Especially in the fall months. Summer I typically go for citrus notes, floral, sweet, and a little Musk. It all really just deoends Plus. There's a side of me that is an old soul, and a side of me that's a young kid. I'm 43 but I've always been this way with the balance of the two since I was a kid and loving older things and era's 30's 40's 50's etc. Traditional. But also staying cool current and relevant to a degree. This stuff just really has that old school barber shop, smoking cigar lounge, dapper, parlor type of feel to it. That's why I say "older gentlemen." But it's good for anyone. It's very masculine. But not overly musky.
At 41 I definitely get the comment about having an “old soul” but also staying current with things. Most of the razors I have are from the 40s and 50s. Brushes are modern made but mostly from companies that have been around for decades. The music I like is classic rock but I use an iPhone and Bluetooth to listen to it. I can see the scent of wood and spice being a popular choice for barbershops in the 50s and 60s but still relevant in today’s world. Just one of those scents that is a timeless classic

At 41 I definitely get the comment about having an “old soul” but also staying current with things. Most of the razors I have are from the 40s and 50s. Brushes are modern made but mostly from companies that have been around for decades. The music I like is classic rock but I use an iPhone and Bluetooth to listen to it. I can see the scent of wood and spice being a popular choice for barbershops in the 50s and 60s but still relevant in today’s world. Just one of those scents that is a timeless classic
🤣 When I shave I queue up the phone. The Bose Speaker and Spotify and put on 40s and 50s jazz and contemporary swing hits. Most of my razors are from the 40s and 50s as well. So is my cast iron skillets collection too. Griswold and Wagners.

Which vendors have sample sizes of the Proraso single blade line of creams. I’d like to try the Lime Azur and Wood &Spice. Thanks

The Single Blade line has been discontinued, so if you want to try it, just buy a tube. If you don't like it, you'll always find someone willing to take it off your hands.

The Single Blade line has been discontinued, so if you want to try it, just buy a tube. If you don't like it, you'll always find someone willing to take it off your hands.
Discontinued? Are you $#itting me? I just bought the wood and spice aftershave balm and cologne like 3 months ago. I love it I use it almost every day. Just put on the aftershave 20 minutes ago out if the shower after my shave. Oh no. I better stockpile....

If you look on their website, they have consolidated their entire product line and, sadly, the SB line didn't make the cut.
Yeah I was just jumping back and forth between their Italy website and their American one. Confusing. But I still see the Wood and Spice and Single Blade lineup on the US site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714_230118_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_230118_Brave.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230714_230107_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_230107_Brave.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 5

Top Bottom