What's new

World cup football/soccer.

Iran actually look a better team than the USA, I think. Would really be something if they could beat the USA and qualify after giving up six goals in the first game. Given that the Iran team will all be arrested when they go home, it would be nice to see them get a bit of glory in Qatar.

Yeah, it was a shame to see Wales play like that. They were severely outmatched in midfield and they didn’t look fit enough to put any pressure on Iran. But they were in Qatar and Italy isn’t, so that’s something. Missed opportunity, though.
Yes, good luck to Iran, let's hope they got something left in the tank for their final game.

Iran actually look a better team than the USA, I think.
They did. We played a fantastic half and a poor half. Iran played well for a full 90 minutes.

I hope this is a warning to the team that we can’t sleep on Iran. Iran can clearly score, they put 2 past England as well, their defense just got shredded by England. And central defense has been something of a weakness for us since Miles Robinson got injured.

Looking forward to England-USA this afternoon though, hoping we can get something from that.

The only thing that has upset me is how well we have played over the last few years, get to the world cup and play well below standard in two games.

Very surprising. I was expecting a lot more from yous in both games.

Not over til it’s over though eh! An England side with six points in the bank would rest a lot of the starting 11 in the final game I imagine. And Iran and the US are probably fairly well matched...

!Dame tu mano. Y venga con migo!

Screenshot 2022-11-25 174713.jpg

Excellent performance, if anything deserved more. Let's just hope Valencia's alright for the final game.

Very surprising. I was expecting a lot more from yous in both games.

Not over til it’s over though eh! An England side with six points in the bank would rest a lot of the starting 11 in the final game I imagine. And Iran and the US are probably fairly well matched...
I suppose I should be shouting for England now 😂ahh well sorted tickets out for Wales first qualifier for the Euros up and onwards I say.

What an opportunity to beat England, USA were far the better team, you have a great opportunity now to get out of the group.

Now that’s more like the England we know. I feel very sorry for anybody who had paid for tickets to that game. I really don’t think it’s right to give teams a point for a 0-0 draw. If I was in charge there would be a point deducted for that.

Now that’s more like the England we know. I feel very sorry for anybody who had paid for tickets to that game. I really don’t think it’s right to give teams a point for a 0-0 draw. If I was in charge there would be a point deducted for that.
No need to worry you only have us to play ☺️

Wasn’t it painful. Harry should’ve worn his 500 grand Rainbow Rolex and tried to dazzle ’em.

That was tense. I’m proud of the guys playing England even after a shaky first 15 minutes. We know Iran won’t be easy, we need our offense to step up, I’ll be interested to see who we start.

Congrats to England, if my math is right, you’re through barring a lopsided loss.

Before the tournament, I had France over Brazil in the final, haven’t seen anything yet to make me want to change that.

The United States football team have always been the toughest opponents for an England team.

They have met 3 times in a World Cup. In 1950 they beat England 1-0 and in 2010 it was a 1-1 draw. Now in 2022 it was 0-0

Gareth Southgate the England Manager had reminded his team of this before the match, but it didn't seem to sink in.

The United States football team have always been the toughest opponents for an England team.

They have met 3 times in a World Cup. In 1950 they beat England 1-0 and in 2010 it was a 1-1 draw. Now in 2022 it was 0-0

Gareth Southgate the England Manager had reminded his team of this before the match, but it didn't seem to sink in.
Maybe it did sink in and that’s why England played so negatively. Footballers are like racehorses - stupid and easily frightened.

Or maybe - and I’m probably giving them too much credit here - maybe they lost all confidence in a manager who thinks that a game between players in 2010 or 1950 could have any bearing whatsoever on a game in 2022. I would have.

Whatever happened, the USA were the better side on the day, though that isn’t saying much.

In the end I think you have to evaluate teams based on their bad performances. They are bound to have an off day and the question is how bad their off day is, and will it still be good enough to get through a game later in the tournament against a competitive side. In England’s case, it is the same as always - they could maybe drag a game out to extra time and then lose on penalties.

The good news for England and the USA is that Group A is so weak, whoever qualifies from Group B will have only Netherlands, Ecuador or Somalia in the last 16, so they could easily make the quarter final.

Top Bottom