What's new

Wooden handles to appease the masses

Since There are a few of us chomping at the bit to see some new content, here is some old content in a manner of speaking. Here's a handful of wooden brush handles I made a while back, a year or longer ago. Some may have seen these already, but most haven't. They just sit on display, mostly practice pieces, and none have knots set in them permanently for this reason.
From left to right: black oak, oak, cedar, oak, cherry. Enjoy!
tmp_16458-20170519_075331776628074.jpg

I'm going to have to say that, although they are all gorgeous, the cedar grain is the thing that arrested my eye. absolutely stunning.

I don't know where to look! The oak and cedar have great grain, the black oak is a great size and shape, the blue one is just stunning (my wife would steal it in a heartbeat), and that cherry is going to age into a nice dark color.... All good in my book!

The middle cedar one is my favorite of the 5 you posted. But all are nice.
Thank you!
Very nice. Really like the black oak and cedar.
Thank you!
I'm going to have to say that, although they are all gorgeous, the cedar grain is the thing that arrested my eye. absolutely stunning.
Thank you! I found the wood for that one from a broken tree branch in a Wal-Mart parking lot. It sat there for over a week, so I picked it up.
I feel appeased. Thanks.
You're quite welcome!
I don't know where to look! The oak and cedar have great grain, the black oak is a great size and shape, the blue one is just stunning (my wife would steal it in a heartbeat), and that cherry is going to age into a nice dark color.... All good in my book!
Thank you! I'm actually surprised that anyone liked the blue one.

The Black Oak is nice but, all look good to me.! Where do you get the knots.? I have one coming from China. Its a synthetic knot.

The Black Oak is nice but, all look good to me.! Where do you get the knots.? I have one coming from China. Its a synthetic knot.
I got these black badger knots from The Golden Nib. They're basically a darker pure badger, nothing fancy.

Ahhh! Thanks for the fix Dave! The cedar immediately caught my eye, followed by the distressed finish on the blue one. All are very nice, but those two really popped out the second I looked at the pic. Nice work!

Ahhh! Thanks for the fix Dave! The cedar immediately caught my eye, followed by the distressed finish on the blue one. All are very nice, but those two really popped out the second I looked at the pic. Nice work!
Your welcome Jay, and thank you as well!

Top Bottom