What's new

Wolfman WR1 or WR2 and Blade Gap Help!

I used two gaps between wr1 0.61 and 0.86.

In the process of shaving, I didn't feel that there was a big difference between the two.

It doesn't exist because of the increase in gap,

So I need more shaving skills to make up for it.

The only difference is that after shaving, BBS lasts a little longer than 0.61!

Anyway, they all give me a great feeling.

I concur; however, I think the OP wants the OC. If that’s correct, I think the OC in lower gaps will provide a similar balance between efficiency and smoothness. If he’s looking the ‘best Wolf’, then my chips are all in for the WR2 1.25 SB.
I needed some words of wisdom couldn't decide on either the 1.15 or the 1.25.You just swung it for me thank you my mind is at rest.😉

Timeless .95 is one of my favorite everyday razors, so I had asked in forum for it's WR2 equal. I was told by several to get the WR2 1.25, and it ended up being too much for an everyday shaver. (1.25 is excellent on several days growth for me) Still wanting an everyday wolf razor, I ordered the WR2 1.05 and it ended up being too mild for me. I did buy a third Wolfman- the WR2 1.15 and it is the perfect everyday Wolfman razor for me. I will say that the hollow or solid handles can make a HUGE difference with the WR2, for me at least. Lighter handles work better for me with Wolfman heads, so my favorite of my three handles are the Darwin and the Hollow 80mm WRH2. I can't help with the WR1 but, I believe the WR2 1.15 is an equal shave to the .95 Timeless.

Mogaert, I agree with everything you just said, except I probably like the 1.25 more than you do.

I am about to sell off all my Wolfmans except one. I am going to keep a dual comb 1.15/1.25 both sides in closed comb. I use both sides for different parts of my face each shave.

I never really understood the mindset behind someone ordering a dual-gapped razor. The only benefit I can see is if you don't shave for a few days and then you have the larger gap for those times but with most here that are daily shavers it confuses me. If I was to order a DC Wolfman it would have to be the same gap in a SB/OC base plate. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I have been using a Ti95DC SB/OC Timeless and I always use the OC for the 1st pass and the SB for the 2nd pass. I am an every other day shaver and this razor gives me such a close shave as described above there just isn't enough stubble the next day to be able to shave and can't see going to a milder razor and not be able to get the stellar BBS shave I've grown accustomed to in the last 3+yrs...

I never really understood the mindset behind someone ordering a dual-gapped razor. The only benefit I can see is if you don't shave for a few days and then you have the larger gap for those times but with most here that are daily shavers it confuses me. If I was to order a DC Wolfman it would have to be the same gap in a SB/OC base plate. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I have been using a Ti95DC SB/OC Timeless and I always use the OC for the 1st pass and the SB for the 2nd pass. I am an every other day shaver and this razor gives me such a close shave as described above there just isn't enough stubble the next day to be able to shave and can't see going to a milder razor and not be able to get the stellar BBS shave I've grown accustomed to in the last 3+yrs...
I 100% agree.

I have 2 Wolfman razors and both are DC. Why? I get open comb and straight bar in the same razor. So my $400 razors are now really $200. 😜

I think it is cool to have a 1.35 OC (my WR2) for a bit more growth and a SB 1.35 for less growth. A DC in just different gaps would just confuse me though.

Good evening (Norway) to you all. I need som input from all of you fine Wolves. I have for the longest time been riding the Merkur Progress. I never found a razor that came close to the Progress for me. After trying different razors I came to the conclusion the reason why I love the Progress is because I'm a steap shaver. My skin doesn't like shallow angle razors. Well I love the Progress, but I've come to realize I need a stainless steel razor. Since the Progress doesn't have a stainless option, I have to go hunting. After reading about Wolfman I understand that WR2 is a steap angle razor, my kind of razor. I've come to realize I want to try a WR2 razor with a hallow 80mm WRH2 handle. When shaving with my Progress I shave at about setting 2 - 2.5 and I wonder what gap should I consider for a Wolf. My first instinct was a 0.95, but I'm not sure, my gut feeling says 1.15, any thoughts?

Last edited:
Good evening (Norway) to you all. I need som input from all of you fine Wolves. I have for the longest time been riding the Merkur Progress. I never found a razor that came close to the Progress for me. After trying different razors I came to the conclusion the reason why I love the Progress is because I'm a steap shaver. My skin doesn't like shallow angle razors. Well I love the Progress, but I've come to realize I need a stainless steel razor. Since the Progress doesn't have a stainless option, I have to go hunting. After reading about Wolfman I understand that WR2 is a steap angle razor, my kind of razor. I've come to realize I want to try a WR2 razor with a hallow 80mm WRH2 handle. When shaving with my Progress I shave at about setting 2 - 2.5 and I wonder what gap should I consider for a Wolf. My first instinct was a 0.95, but I'm not sure, my gut feeling says 1.15, any thoughts?
1.15 IMO but even the 1.25 would likely be super smooth. I have a 1.35 and use my Progress on 3.0 if that helps.

I was going to get a 1.15 but i've heard great things on the 1.25 so i think that's the one for me.I heard Blackbird efficieny only smoother.I just keep walking around the house shaking my head.🤔
I don't know, I've convinced myself I'm a mild shaver...not so sure anymore. I believe it has a lot to do with me trying different razors and for some reason I found the Progress the only true great razor for me. I've been riding it mild for a long time (1-1.5), convinced that was my comfort zone, but lately I've shaved at setting 2-2.5 and it feels great. Wolf 1.25 is probably a great razor, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be more than happy with 1.15 as a tool. I'm on the waiting list.

I don't know, I've convinced myself I'm a mild shaver...not so sure anymore. I believe it has a lot to do with me trying different razors and for some reason I found the Progress the only true great razor for me. I've been riding it mild for a long time (1-1.5), convinced that was my comfort zone, but lately I've shaved at setting 2-2.5 and it feels great. Wolf 1.25 is probably a great razor, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be more than happy with 1.15 as a tool. I'm on the waiting list.
Good luck at whatever you decide mate.I've just gone on the list got email 4-6 months before i have to finally decide.My heads spinning don't want to make the wrong choice but everybody seems to sell them at cost or even make money.If i mess up i'll just sell it and get another one.Now that's the quality of a Wolfman.Can't wait to own one though.Hand made the best.

Good luck at whatever you decide mate.I've just gone on the list got email 4-6 months before i have to finally decide.My heads spinning don't want to make the wrong choice but everybody seems to sell them at cost or even make money.If i mess up i'll just sell it and get another one.Now that's the quality of a Wolfman.Can't wait to own one though.Hand made the best.
Thank you and good luck to you sir. It's not easy, I'm in the same situation as you are in, 1.15 or 1.25? Hmmm....

Top Bottom