What's new

Wolfman WR1 or WR2 and Blade Gap Help!

I own a Timeless .95 SB and it shaves fantastic
I owned a Blackbird SB, but found that while it produced a good shave, I felt like it had too much blade feel
I think the WR2 1.15 SB would be right in your wheelhouse.
Thanks for the info! Any thoughts on blade gap?
I think you are like me in not liking much blade feel. Given that you also like the Timeless 0.95 sb, I would say no less than the WR2 1.05 (what I have) but that might be just a bit too mild(?). I do have faith in @Hannah's Dad judgment though (he guided me well). 1.15 might just be the RAD-killer razor for you (and makes sense with your Timeless experience). I third the 1.15 recommendation in the end.

I do wish I had more experience with your other razors to give you better guidance (ever shave with the Karve or Rockwell?). Rest assured the Wolfman WR2 is a real smooth and comfortable shaver. I think it's really hard to go wrong when considering between consecutive gap steps (0.95 vs 1.05, 1.05 vs. 1.15, 1.15 vs 1.25 etc.). The hard part is always finding the target gap that fits given your known preferences. I think 1.15 is likely to be your default consideration. Good luck!

I think you are like me in not liking much blade feel. Given that you also like the Timeless 0.95 sb, I would say no less than the WR2 1.05 (what I have) but that might be just a bit too mild(?). I do have faith in @Hannah's Dad judgment though (he guided me well). 1.15 might just be the RAD-killer razor for you (and makes sense with your Timeless experience). I third the 1.15 recommendation in the end.

I do wish I had more experience with your other razors to give you better guidance (ever shave with the Karve or Rockwell?). Rest assured the Wolfman WR2 is a real smooth and comfortable shaver. I think it's really hard to go wrong when considering between consecutive gap steps (0.95 vs 1.05, 1.05 vs. 1.15, 1.15 vs 1.25 etc.). The hard part is always finding the target gap that fits given your known preferences. I think 1.15 is likely to be your default consideration. Good luck!
I’ve never used a Karve or a Rockwell 6s, but I have a Model T. I left it out because of the adjustability factor. I do have a Colonial Silversmith and it give a good comfortable shave, but it is milder and requires some additional buffing. I don’t know the blade gap on it. I love the Vector and have a few other AC, but I though mentioning SE would muddy things up because it’s sort of apples and orange. Either way, for me, the Vector is hands down the best SE on the market in ever category.

I shave every other day. I can grow a healthy beard but I don’t have think coarse hair. I also don’t have a 5 o’clock shadow. I do a 2 pass shave, WTG and XTG. My skin tends to get a bit sensitive after that. Thoughts? When I was considering the WR1 I was thinking the .74, again I’m unsure though. For the WR2, it seems the 1.15 or 1.25 are the best options based off others feedback. You consider even more aggressive?
Based on this I would recommend WR1 .74 or WR2 1.15

Based on this I would recommend WR1 .74 or WR2 1.15
Eveveryone on here has been super helpful in narrowing it down for me. It seems it’s a toss up on the 1.15 or 1.25. I ended up going with the 1.25. You think I should consider 1.15 again? On the WR1, I was all set at .74 as well, however I ended up choosing the WR2 based off everyone’s feedback.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Eveveryone on here has been super helpful in narrowing it down for me. It seems it’s a toss up on the 1.15 or 1.25. I ended up going with the 1.25. You think I should consider 1.15 again? On the WR1, I was all set at .74 as well, however I ended up choosing the WR2 based off everyone’s feedback.
Don’t over-think it. You’ll love the 1.25. If for some reason you don’t, you’ll have no problem trading down to the 1.15 with a fellow B&B’er. You made a stellar choice. Just keep your blood pressure steady as you wait for the postman to arrive.

Don’t over-think it. You’ll love the 1.25. If for some reason you don’t, you’ll have no problem trading down to the 1.15 with a fellow B&B’er. You made a stellar choice. Just keep your blood pressure steady as you wait for the postman to arrive.
Cool! I am big collector of Star Wars Toys, so I totally know the feeling. You are always one boot stomp away from receiving a damaged item ;)

So my number came up again about a month ago, and i was given the option to postpone my order. This meant i just contact James/Tara when i wish to proceed and go from there.
I have a WR2 1.05 but i recently borrowed a DLC Lupo, and since purchased an aluminium lupo for good measure.
If i was after the equivalent WR1 which is the gap to select?

So my number came up again about a month ago, and i was given the option to postpone my order. This meant i just contact James/Tara when i wish to proceed and go from there.
I have a WR2 1.05 but i recently borrowed a DLC Lupo, and since purchased an aluminium lupo for good measure.
If i was after the equivalent WR1 which is the gap to select?
For me the Lupo is very similar to the .61 WR1

I would say the WR1 has more blade feel compared to the WR2 especially at the lower gaps. The WR1 is still very smooth all the way up to the .94

I prefer the WR1 to the WR2 head. Still extremely smooth, but much more maneuverable and nimble. It also feels more honest if that makes sense, I can keep track of where I am and what I'm doing better with it. The WR2 is remarkably smooth for its given efficiency, but if I could only choose one it would be the WR1.

Top Bottom