What's new

Wolfman WR1-OC

Has anyone else seen the WRH7 handle yet? There is a user on Instagram named "Darkbulb" that has some pictures of his posted. Looks very nice, a little long for my preference but probably my favorite looking handle from Wolfman. I'm interested in the shorter handles he said are in the works.

Has anyone else seen the WRH7 handle yet? There is a user on Instagram named "Darkbulb" that has some pictures of his posted. Looks very nice, a little long for my preference but probably my favorite looking handle from Wolfman. I'm interested in the shorter handles he said are in the works.

I believe that's the one I'm getting. This is what James said to me about it..

"Actually this handle is a bit shorter. It's about 3.57, and around 75 grams. It's the same one that Darkbulb is getting."

Looks great. And that weight and length is perfect for me. I am curious to see what the WRH8 will look like. :)

I believe that's the one I'm getting. This is what James said to me about it..

"Actually this handle is a bit shorter. It's about 3.57, and around 75 grams. It's the same one that Darkbulb is getting."

Looks great. And that weight and length is perfect for me. I am curious to see what the WRH8 will look like. :)

Welcome to the thread! He "promised" me something a little shorter in the 3" range, so maybe #8 will be the ticket after all. What did he tell you about wait time?

Here is another picture from this past weekend. This is now my daily shave setup and I'm pretty sure I have found "shaving nirvana" (for the time being). The only thing I change is alternating days between Soap Commander Endurance and Courage scents, and a Semogue 610 and 620 brush. The Voskhod blades are really nice for me paired in the Wolfman.

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread! He "promised" me something a little shorter in the 3" range, so maybe #8 will be the ticket after all. What did he tell you about wait time?

Thanks for the Welcome. I've been just watching for a bit. He said probably 8 weeks, but he's getting quicker.
3.3 is about as short as I can go without it being uncomfortable. But I might have to get me a Bulldog just to try.

Thanks for the Welcome. I've been just watching for a bit. He said probably 8 weeks, but he's getting quicker.
3.3 is about as short as I can go without it being uncomfortable. But I might have to get me a Bulldog just to try.

The newer iKon Bulldogs are 85mm compared to the Webers which are 80mm. The older iKons are 80mm as well. (I feel like we might have had this conversation already?) I actually like the length of the Merkur 41c handle (+/- 75mm) but I don't care for how thin it is.

The newer iKon Bulldogs are 85mm compared to the Webers which are 80mm. The older iKons are 80mm as well. (I feel like we might have had this conversation already?) I actually like the length of the Merkur 41c handle (+/- 75mm) but I don't care for how thin it is.

Yep, we've had it. Haha. I struggles with what handle to get. Went through all my razors measuring and weighing. Then finally decided jus to get what ever handle he has at the time my Head is done. Which right now, the latest is a great looking handle!!

If you want something shorter and not worried about how thin it is, the Maggard MR1 handle is about 3 inches long. I have one and find it just a bit too short or about as short as I can go with a handle. It is almost a 1/4 inch longer than the ATT Atlas if I remember right!

If you want something shorter and not worried about how thin it is, the Maggard MR1 handle is about 3 inches long. I have one and find it just a bit too short or about as short as I can go with a handle. It is almost a 1/4 inch longer than the ATT Atlas if I remember right!
ATT Atlas and the MR1 are both 3". ATT Kronos is 3.5". I've had both the Atlas and the Kronos and I liked them both. The 3" handle is much more maneuverable, especially at the jaw line, which is ideal for those who hold the razor close to the head, but the Kronos has a better balance for me.

I went with the Wolfman #2 handle because it seems to have a good length & weight and because I like the look of it.

ATT Atlas and the MR1 are both 3". ATT Kronos is 3.5". I've had both the Atlas and the Kronos and I liked them both. The 3" handle is much more maneuverable, especially at the jaw line, which is ideal for those who hold the razor close to the head, but the Kronos has a better balance for me.

I went with the Wolfman #2 handle because it seems to have a good length & weight and because I like the look of it.

I use my MR1 quite a bit as I like the size but mine is NOT 3 inches, it is close to 3 1/4 which puts it almost a 1/4 longer than the Atlas, which I found a tad too small. The MR1 I have is the smallest that I feel comfortable in using and yes, these work great for moving around the jaw line and some spots on the neck for me. I have said that if the Atlas was about 1/4 inch longer is would work better for me! The Krono's is a good handle too but I find the Colossus too long for my liking!

The Bulldog handle I have is just a bit longer than the MR1 I have and also just a little fatter and the Bamboo one I have is close to 3 1/2 inches long and works well for me when I want a little more weight and length.

That #2 handle is a good looking one.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Can anyone comment on how rapidly one might expect a response from this vendor? Sent him an email a week ago, no reply to date. Not as if I need another razor, but wondered if needed to send another?

Can anyone comment on how rapidly one might expect a response from this vendor? Sent him an email a week ago, no reply to date. Not as if I need another razor, but wondered if needed to send another?

Usually, he (James) is very responsive on emails. Perhaps he didnt get it for some reason! You should send him another one and yeah, you will need another razor as long as it is the Wolfman razor! :)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Usually, he (James) is very responsive on emails. Perhaps he didnt get it for some reason! You should send him another one and yeah, you will need another razor as long as it is the Wolfman razor! :)

Thanks for the tip - he has me now on the wait list ..

I got the WRH7 handle. He offered it to me when I ordered the dual comb head. I had wanted the WRH3, but when I saw the photo of the WRH7, I knew it was for me. I like the look of both since I really appreciate the industrial style of them being a factory guy, but the WRH7 just seems a bit more sleek to me. It's very comfortable to me to use, which really is the main thing. It also looks great as well. I also like longer handles, there's that.

As far as the engraving goes, I think it's a great touch. In some respects, I wish mine was engraved, but then I can now say I was an early adopter of the Wolfman Razor, and so have some cred that way. I think I might order another razor from him, an open comb with a slightly less aggressive cut as my daily shaver, but keep my dual comb as my close shaver.

There are not enough superlatives to give to James and how he runs his business and deals with customers. I've contacted other people who haven't gotten back to me when they said they would, or were just plain flaky. James contacted me when he had something available, and made sure I was still interested. When it was done, I got an invoice, I paid, and it was under way. Awesome. With James, you're not dealing with some faceless company, or somebody that's having stuff made in China or wherever. He's the craftsman (heavy emphasis on craft!) and he's the business. The world needs more of people like James in all areas.

I've been impressed with my dealings with James as well. There was one email that went unanswered, which I can forgive considering he's a one man operation and because, to be honest, I was probably just pestering him to pass the time while waiting. But while I was certain on the head I wanted, I did probe a bit, indicating I was interested in hearing about any other ideas or designs he had for handles. He never indicated there were any options beyond the primary 3 & "surplus". The 7 is a fine looking handle. I'd be interested seeing what else he has in the pipeline.

I got the WRH7 handle. He offered it to me when I ordered the dual comb head. I had wanted the WRH3, but when I saw the photo of the WRH7, I knew it was for me. I like the look of both since I really appreciate the industrial style of them being a factory guy, but the WRH7 just seems a bit more sleek to me. It's very comfortable to me to use, which really is the main thing. It also looks great as well. I also like longer handles, there's that.

As far as the engraving goes, I think it's a great touch. In some respects, I wish mine was engraved, but then I can now say I was an early adopter of the Wolfman Razor, and so have some cred that way. I think I might order another razor from him, an open comb with a slightly less aggressive cut as my daily shaver, but keep my dual comb as my close shaver.

There are not enough superlatives to give to James and how he runs his business and deals with customers. I've contacted other people who haven't gotten back to me when they said they would, or were just plain flaky. James contacted me when he had something available, and made sure I was still interested. When it was done, I got an invoice, I paid, and it was under way. Awesome. With James, you're not dealing with some faceless company, or somebody that's having stuff made in China or wherever. He's the craftsman (heavy emphasis on craft!) and he's the business. The world needs more of people like James in all areas.

Well said! James is top notch!

James just added 2 new sizes in the #2 handle. The longer one is 102mm (4.04") and the shorter one is 72mm (2.85"). They look nice. The original is 90mm.

I placed an order for the shorter version and a stand. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Top Bottom