What's new

Wolfman WR1-OC

I'm usually not a fan of "branding" on things I own, but I don't mind it on the razor. I think James struck a fine balance between labeling his brand without making it obnoxious.

I think the coolness factor of the year stamp is nostalgic - to think my sons will have, hopefully use many years later, a razor that I used daily while they were young.

I feel the same. I'm glad I ended up with one of the two or three that has the year stamp. I've already earmarked my WR1-OC for my second son, who's supposed to be born any day now!!!

I think its fantastic that James is willing to accommodate special requests for increased/decreased aggression, etching, etc.

If the design is identical who cares whether it's a 2014 or 2015, besides a VERY small contingent of collectors. And while it's nice to think of passing these razors down the family, I think it's a long shot to project our interest on our children or grandchildren. And even if they do value it, does having a date on the razor make it any more special?

I see a date as a limiting factor. You can have two identical razors with different dates and the older one will have lower perceived value. For example, I bought an ATT razor stand in 2015 but was sent one that said 2014. Although it didn't matter a bit in terms of form or function, my first thought was, "Bummer, he sent me an old one."

I'm just personally in the "less is more" camp. IMO it looks more refined and less cluttered with nothing more than the brand logo.

I kind of like the date stamp to be honest. Not for any significance with anything, just nice to know the year of manufacture. If anything it adds a small detail to the story and may help me remember things from this year.

I'm hoping to get my e-mail soon.

Without going through this whole thread; are there any pics of the brushed models? It seems all the pics I've seen are polished.

I got on the list 4/24 so should be coming up soon! This thread is making me excited. Not sure if I'll go for just the straight bar or maybe open comb, too. Had a less than stellar experience with the ATT M2, has anyone compared the Wolfman OC to the ATT M2?

My first email was April 3rd and I haven't heard anything yet. I was told 2 months at that point, so I'm reaching out to James today.

Last edited:

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I traded my ATT M2. I still have my Wolfman OC. ATT M2 was nice, real nice, just ymmv. My Wolfman OC is less aggressive on the face: I felt the comb of the ATT quickly. My Wolfman OC is less "comb" aggressive yet shaves extremely well.

I believe molon_labe's photos on page 7, post 139 are of his brushed OC.

Yes mine is brushed, as are williabe's pictures.

repete66219 said:
My first email was March 3rd and I haven't heard anything yet. I was told 2 months at that point, so I'm reaching out to James today.

Yes you need to reach out, my first email was March 17th and I've had mine for a few weeks now. I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

I traded my ATT M2. I still have my Wolfman OC. ATT M2 was nice, real nice, just ymmv. My Wolfman OC is less aggressive on the face: I felt the comb of the ATT quickly. My Wolfman OC is less "comb" aggressive yet shaves extremely well.

As per my Wolfman OC review, it was a better shaver for me than the ATT S2. IMO: Wolfman and ATT are the highest quality D/E razors on the market. The fact you can work with James (Wolfman) to adjust specs is awesome. The blade gap modifications he made to my Brass WR1-SB (.61mm to .74mm) are excellent. I recommend this option if you have dense beard growth, or would like a slightly more aggressive Wolfman razor.

I got on the list 4/24 so should be coming up soon! This thread is making me excited. Not sure if I'll go for just the straight bar or maybe open comb, too. Had a less than stellar experience with the ATT M2, has anyone compared the Wolfman OC to the ATT M2?

I don't know which thread it was in, but general concensus was that the WR1-OC is somewhere in between the M2 and R2 in terms of "aggression", but the subjectivity of that term was demonstrated in people's responses. Some said it was slightly less efficient than the R2, some said slightly more, some said slightly more comfortable than the R2, etc...

I think it's probably fair to say they are each distinct razors with their own characteristics, and you would have to be the judge of that for yourself unless you can find someone with the exact same technique, who has the exact same skin/beard, and uses the exact same blades/soaps/water/etc...

I know I have no desire to try any of the ATT razors now that I have my WR1, not that they won't give me a great shave, I'm just perfectly happy with the Wolfman.

Thanks! I think I've got my mind set on brushed now with WRH3 handle. Just trying to decide between DC or SB head.

As per my Wolfman OC review, it was a better shaver for me than the ATT S2. IMO: Wolfman and ATT are the highest quality D/E razors on the market. The fact you can work with James (Wolfman) to adjust specs is awesome. The blade gap modifications he made to my Brass WR1-SB (.61mm to .74mm) are excellent. I recommend this option if you have dense beard growth, or would like a slightly more aggressive Wolfman razor.

I was thinking about getting mine change a little bit so when you went to .74mm, does it seem like it is closer to an ATT H plate now? I liked the H1 plate alot and would love to get my Wolfman close to it aggression wise but I dont want to lose how smooth and efficient it is! Just want the aggressiveness of the H1 but keep how efficient it is! Is that possible? :)

Did you do another review based on the new blade gap? Thx.

Last edited:
Yes you need to reach out, my first email was March 17th and I've had mine for a few weeks now. I'm sure you'll hear back soon.
I emailed James April 3rd, not March 3rd. (My mistake.) I just emailed him again & heard back immediately. He said he was about to reach out to me anyway, so yes it's almost ready. :001_smile

Last edited:
I emailed him April 3rd, not March 3rd. (My mistake.) I just emailed James & heard back immediately. He said he was carrying ready to reach out to me, so yes almost ready. :001_smile

This is great news. Please post your pics when you receive the razor!!

I emailed James April 3rd, not March 3rd. (My mistake.) I just emailed him again & heard back immediately. He said he was about to reach out to me anyway, so yes it's almost ready. :001_smile

Brilliant! I emailed March 13th for an SB/WRH1 combination. Getting really excited now.:thumbup:

You may be looking at a couple more weeks. Congrats in advance. I too am opting for a SB, so I should probably stop hijacking this OC thread.

Brilliant! I emailed March 13th for an SB/WRH1 combination. Getting really excited now.:thumbup:

I made my request for an open comb about that same time so we're probably in the same boat. I'm excited to see mine as well and I'm happy to know that James' enterprise is doing well.

Exchanged my first emails around Mid-March and just paid for mine on Friday. It will be a Dual-Comb polished and WRH-1 handle with stand. And I'm actually excited, something I wouldn't have figured I'd ever say about a razor!

Top Bottom