What's new

WOLFMAN Razor - Waiting List

The last one I ordered was a WR2 with a 1.35 blade gap on the solid bar side and a 1.25 blade gap for the Open Comb side.
So how smooth is this configuration on
Your WR2 if you could talk about the
OC and SB aggressiveness, I mean does
One side feel particularly more dangerous
Than the other. I'm not talking about
Efficiency here, I'm asking if the Threat
Of a Bite is more pronounced than usual
When all things are considered.

I also have the WR2 DC in multiple gaps. 1.25OC/1.15SB in Ti and 1.15OC/1.05SB in both Ti and SS. It’s a nice way to mix it up if you’re not too concerned with uneven blade wear.
Just how noticeable is this phenomenon
Of uneven blade wear either real or
Percieved? In your opinion.

Just how noticeable is this phenomenon
Of uneven blade wear either real or
Percieved? In your opinion.

I flip and rotate the blade and don’t use it more than a half dozen times before replacing it. It doesn’t bother me.

So how smooth is this configuration on
Your WR2 if you could talk about the
OC and SB aggressiveness, I mean does
One side feel particularly more dangerous
Than the other. I'm not talking about
Efficiency here, I'm asking if the Threat
Of a Bite is more pronounced than usual
When all things are considered.
I sold this razor awhile back the OC on the WR2 was not any more efficient than the SB equivalent for me and the OC was not as smooth. My newest WR2 is a Ti 1.45 SB it is as smooth as my 1.35 was but more efficient

You could write a program in Microsoft VB to do this, using Visual Studio.
I wrote mine in Java. There are some on damnfineshave that have written there own app - they get to try all of the gaps. Hopefully with Wolfmans new google form other folks will get the opportunity to purchase.

@Shavemd I posted on another site my recent experimentation shimming my newly acquired Wolfman Ti WR2 145. The top cap of the WR2 lends itself very nicely, easily and safely to using shim(s). If a DE razor blade is 0.04" = 0.1026 mm thickness then when I used 3 shims it would increase the 1.45 gap to over 1.75 which, for me, was still smooth with some blade feel and extremely efficient. Visually using 3 shims you can see the increase in this gap whereas only a single shim is tough to "see". Even if you never plan on using shims you can try it to get an idea of how a larger gap razor will work for you - think of it as a "poor man's prototype". Oh and don't be afraid as you wont' ruin or scratch the finish of your razor.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I put 3 shims in my WR2 1.25 SB this morning. Same buttery smoothness, but a much closer shave resulted after only 2 passes. And the AS splash revealed zero sting. Amazing comfort and efficiency.

I put 3 shims in my WR2 1.25 SB this morning. Same buttery smoothness, but a much closer shave resulted after only 2 passes. And the AS splash revealed zero sting. Amazing comfort and efficiency.
You are a brave man, Dan! I have 1 shim in my WR2 1.15 SB lined up for a shave next week and thought I was all that... ha.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
You are a brave man, Dan! I have 1 shim in my WR2 1.15 SB lined up for a shave next week and thought I was all that... ha.
Nah ... the shave this morning was still really smooth with a fresh Personna Blue blade (very steep angle). It didn’t feel the least bit dangerous, Tom.

Top Bottom