What's new

WOLFMAN Razor - Waiting List

Thank you both for your very helpful replies! I’ll make sure to look for that review as well.

Found it . . . very informative. I know exactly where I am heading in terms of selections at this point. Now I just need to hit the lottery by being on the site when product drops.

So, I just went to his site, for shiggles, and was shocked to see the "Add to Cart" tab appear on the "razor build" page. Relax gents, as soon as I clicked on it, it flipped to "SOLD OUT". :a20:

I also have the WR2 DC in multiple gaps. 1.25OC/1.15SB in Ti and 1.15OC/1.05SB in both Ti and SS. It’s a nice way to mix it up if you’re not too concerned with uneven blade wear.

Not sure I understand...does this mean that the side with the higher gap will show more blade wear?

Not sure I understand...does this mean that the side with the higher gap will show more blade wear?

Most of the time, I use the larger gap for the first pass and the smaller gap for subsequent passes (usually just a second pass). Sometimes, I use one gap only and the other isn’t used. I change blades more frequently than is probably necessary to mitigate this problem.

Most of the time, I use the larger gap for the first pass and the smaller gap for subsequent passes (usually just a second pass). Sometimes, I use one gap only and the other isn’t used. I change blades more frequently than is probably necessary to mitigate this problem.

Considering the cost of the razor, I am not about to quibble over using one blade per shave. Worst case scenario, I tag the edge used during the shave after removing it, so I know which one to use for the second shave.

Uneven blade wear is exactly why I don't like DC heads. It's always in the back of my mind and not something I can ignore. For me, most blades tend to shave better after the first use, no way I throw one out after only one use. Just me.

I bought DC heads to try both to see which I liked...then sold DC's all off for their SB only cousins....or got separate heads.

Uneven blade wear is exactly why I don't like DC heads. It's always in the back of my mind and not something I can ignore. For me, most blades tend to shave better after the first use, no way I throw one out after only one use. Just me.

I bought DC heads to try both to see which I liked...then sold DC's all off for their SB only cousins....or got separate heads.

I have considered selling off my DCs and settling on SB 1.25 and 1.15, but I like the variety and it's not like it's easy to get another whenever I want. I don't replace blades after one shave, but rarely more than three shaves per blade. With Polsilvers, it's easy to know which side of the blade to use since it's numbered.

The vast majority of the time, I use each gap evenly. When I don't, I flip the blade around. Or, if I know it's the last shave for a blade, I might use only one gap. I could see how this might bother some people though.

I have considered selling off my DCs and settling on SB 1.25 and 1.15, but I like the variety and it's not like it's easy to get another whenever I want. I don't replace blades after one shave, but rarely more than three shaves per blade. With Polsilvers, it's easy to know which side of the blade to use since it's numbered.

The vast majority of the time, I use each gap evenly. When I don't, I flip the blade around. Or, if I know it's the last shave for a blade, I might use only one gap. I could see how this might bother some people though.

To me, the blade use conundrum is more frustrating that getting the razors. :)

uneven blade wear...I never even gave it a thought until now...one more thing to do my head in.

However if one gets a DC where SB and OC sides are both the same gap, then there shouldn't be a problem, right? :)

uneven blade wear...I never even gave it a thought until now...one more thing to do my head in.

However if one gets a DC where SB and OC sides are both the same gap, then there shouldn't be a problem, right? :)

The blades are almost certainly being worn 'unevenly', the question is really to what degree can that happen before it becomes noticeable?

I could see how it would not be a concern in a razor with two identical sides, my interest is actually quite piqued that a DC razor could show a noticeable level of unevenness within my usual blade usage number of shaves (say, 2 or 3). I may have to acquire a DC razor to test myself. Definitely not an excuse just to get another DE.

Most of my razors are dual comb. I use the OC for the first Pass then SB for Pass 2 & 3 I use most of my blades for 3-4 shaves and have not had an issue with one side of the blade not shaving as well.

Top Bottom