What's new

WOLFMAN Razor - Waiting List

I have read the best way to purchase a Wolfman is the follow via Twitter. When I checked their Twitter site, the most recent inventory update was 2017. Is there another more preferred method to obtain one of the razors from the manufacturer?

Thanks

Try visiting Edmonton AB and see if you can get a face to face...other than that, I have no idea how to get in contact. I've emailed, joined the newsletter, sent a shameless email detailing how I'm an Edmonton-born Albertan as well.
Nothing, no replies...maybe try during a full moon.

Thank you for your reply... What it sounds like is someone needs to teach this guy about customer service and how to run a business. I am happy and will stick with my Timeless Razor

Thank you for your reply... What it sounds like is someone needs to teach this guy about customer service and how to run a business. I am happy and will stick with my Timeless Razor
LOL, he's selling everything he can make apparently. He doesn't need to learn anything until folks stop buying.

Get the supply and demand concept. For customer service, putting together a rolling waiting list where people can check their status in line would be nice. Technology of the internet can easily do this with minimal involvement from the company side.

Get the supply and demand concept. For customer service, putting together a rolling waiting list where people can check their status in line would be nice. Technology of the internet can easily do this with minimal involvement from the company side.
So first off I'd like to welcome you to the forum... Secondly I'd like to say I think your choice in the Timeless is great as I too, own 2 of them myself and the search has ended for anything else!! Thirdly I'd suggest using the search function of the forum to better educate yourself on James from Wolfman... All I can say is the F5 key would be the best route to success in the here and now and the only place you will get any hint of availability anywhere on the internet, but you must be quick and well skilled in said F5 key!!

There was a time when the list worked and then it didn't and James went to the system that is use right now. Besides, I think the list had grown into the thousands and the main reason it was discarded well over a year ago. Supply and demand is easy for James... Its either wait for him to open a spot for purchase on his site or you can do as several have in the last few years and scoop one up via a WTB in the BST here on the forum or try your luck on the auction site!! Hope this helps...

I bought a Wolfman when they first started getting popular and I never had any trouble contacting James. He was also very helpful answering my questions. I’m not making excuses for him, but given how good my experience was, I think the lack of replies is due to time and not a lack of regard for potential customers.

I bought a Wolfman when they first started getting popular and I never had any trouble contacting James. He was also very helpful answering my questions. I’m not making excuses for him, but given how good my experience was, I think the lack of replies is due to time and not a lack of regard for potential customers.

+1! My experience was similar! James was a total pleasure!! :a29:

He just appears overwhelmed with demand. (His products are that good IMO!)

+1 He's a true gentleman and certainly does care about this customers.

Keep trying his website or try the auction site. I have had luck with both.

I believe that James mentioned some time ago that he would rather focus on production than answering emails. He was getting inundated with emails and simply couldn't keep up. I can sympathize with that. He just raised his prices to 600 CAD for razor and stand, so I don't think his business model is failing.

James is really more of an artist than a manufacturer.

Besides . . . one has to admit that, as an Outsider with no interest whatsoever, it does create an entire "Howard Hughes-like mystique" around the whole situation.

Here is this guy, located in the frozen wasteland of northern Alberta (okay Edmonton, which is almost the same thing), rolling out of bed, slipping into a ratty housecoat, and giant, fuzzy slippers with bear claws for toes, as he shuffles over to the coffeemaker. He throws the coffee into a travel mug, hops into a decrepit 1978 Ford F-150 and rumbles down the road to a seedy industrial unit. Inside are gleaming tools of the trade, completely at odds with the shambolic exterior, and a work bench lit only by a single glaring lamp, where dozens of razors sit in varying states of completion. A TRS - 80 computer upgraded to run Windows 95 sits off in one corner, it's cursor blinking silently in the upper left corner of the screen. "Okay", wheezes our hero as he lights up a dart, "lets knock off a few more today."

Besides . . . one has to admit that, as an Outsider with no interest whatsoever, it does create an entire "Howard Hughes-like mystique" around the whole situation.

Here is this guy, located in the frozen wasteland of northern Alberta (okay Edmonton, which is almost the same thing), rolling out of bed, slipping into a ratty housecoat, and giant, fuzzy slippers with bear claws for toes, as he shuffles over to the coffeemaker. He throws the coffee into a travel mug, hops into a decrepit 1978 Ford F-150 and rumbles down the road to a seedy industrial unit. Inside are gleaming tools of the trade, completely at odds with the shambolic exterior, and a work bench lit only by a single glaring lamp, where dozens of razors sit in varying states of completion. A TRS - 80 computer upgraded to run Windows 95 sits off in one corner, it's cursor blinking silently in the upper left corner of the screen. "Okay", wheezes our hero as he lights up a dart, "lets knock off a few more today."

That's better than the image of one lone sole waiting for the epak delivery. :a29:

Nicely done my friend!

I believe that James mentioned some time ago that he would rather focus on production than answering emails. He was getting inundated with emails and simply couldn't keep up. I can sympathize with that. He just raised his prices to 600 CAD for razor and stand, so I don't think his business model is failing.

James is really more of an artist than a manufacturer.
As a small business owner (of sorts, I'm a solo attorney), I can relate. It's hard to keep up with all aspects. I often think that both James and Brian (of Charcoal Goods fame) might benefit from an honest, detail oriented business partner with chops for both numbers and customer service. Then those guys could focus on their true love, the razors themselves. If the business partner could manage a stable of skilled, reliable machinists those guys could focus on artistry and razor design, rocketing them into seventh heaven.

But then, in another sense, there are advantages to keeping things as they are now. It's simpler and neither is waiting by his computer for orders to arrive. The demand for CG products outstrips supply and, for James, demand is off the wall and through the roof beyond the stratosphere.

I’ve been around boutique guitar builders for a long time. It migh surprise some that the goal is not to produce more guitars.

I’ve been around boutique guitar builders for a long time. It migh surprise some that the goal is not to produce more guitars.
You make a good point. Leaves me wondering if, in 200 years, James will be forgotten like the rest of us or if his razors and fame will live on, a sort of modern Stradivarius -- his razors by then selling for obscene sums.

If it helps, I wasn't impressed by my Wolfman. It would probably be worth getting one as an investment. But as a tool, there are many other brands of razors that are as good or better and in stock for way less money.

Top Bottom