What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

I just placed an order on the Wizashave website and it appears that PayPal processed it. $45 for a 250 blade sleeve.
Wizablades.com is the scam, not Wizashave.

Wizashave is totally legit. They ship out of Morocco for international in NY for the US. Takes a while for delivery, but you have nothing to worry about.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wizablades.com is the scam, not Wizashave.

Wizashave is totally legit. They ship out of Morocco for international in NY for the US. Takes a while for delivery, but you have nothing to worry about.

Mine also came from Wizashave. I ordered before they had the NY shipping and the process was slow, but the blades arrived (finally being shipped from the US) and the vendor responded to my emails, etc. I am very pleased with the blades. Extremely pleased.

I ordered 750 before I tried even one of them an ordering decision based on several experienced users I trust telling me the blades are 100% the same as Polsilver SI blades. They were right. Great blades. The blades were less expensive when I ordered but the price is still reasonable for such great blades.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just placed an order on the Wizashave website and it appears that PayPal processed it. $45 for a 250 blade sleeve.

Yes, Wizashave is OK, there were never any issues as far as I know.
Good customer service and always prompt replying to emails or updating about delays, etc

Wizablades is a different seller/ website and it’s the one with potential problems and the one @SharpieB said couldn’t pay via PayPal.

in thick mm thick BLADE
0.00450” 0.114mm Gillette Nacet Stainless
0.00450” 0.114mm Shaverboy Super Stainless

0.00425” 0.108mm Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (0.089mm*)
0.00425” 0.108mm Lord Platinum

0.00410” 0.104mm Feather

0.00400” 0.102mm Astra Superior Stainless
0.00400” 0.102mm BIC Chrome Platinum
0.00400” 0.102mm Croma Diamant Stainless
0.00400” 0.102mm Derby Extra (pre 2016, current blade 0.089mm*)
0.00400” 0.102mm Gillette Sword
0.00400” 0.102mm Kai*
0.00400” 0.102mm Personna Med Prep
0.00400” 0.102mm Personna Platinum Chrome (Personna Red)
0.00400” 0.102mm Polsilver SI
0.00400” 0.102mm Rapira Platinum Lux
0.00400” 0.102mm Sharp Star
0.00400” 0.102mm Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium
0.00400” 0.102mm Vidyut Super Max Platinum
0.00400” 0.102mm Voskhod

0.00390” 0.099mm Bolzano Superinox
0.00390” 0.099mm Shark Super Chrome
0.00390” 0.099mm Treet Platinum Super Stainless

0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette New Improved Stainless
0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette Platinum
0.00375” 0.095mm Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
0.00375” 0.095mm Trig Silver Edge
0.00375” 0.095mm Vidyut Super-Max
0.00375” 0.095mm Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless
0.00375” 0.095mm Zorrik Super Platinum

0.00350” 0.089mm Astra Superior Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Gillette Silver Blue
0.00350” 0.089mm Perma Sharp Stainless
0.00350” 0.089mm Sputnik
0.00350” 0.089mm Treet Platinum
0.00350” 0.089mm Wizamet Super Iridium

* Information from “DE Razor Blade Dimensions Table” in the ShaveWiki.

I also recently measured a vintage Gillette Blue Blade at 0.0065"
That is really interesting. I appreciate that you took the time to measure all of those. This should be placed in the ShaveWiki section. The blade listings in the ShaveWiki seem kind of sparse. I would love to see the width measurements of the blades if you took those as well. I am interested in seeing if I can notice a difference in aggression with my Henson razor by using wider and narrower blades. According to the ShaveWiki the Bic blades were the narrowest so they should provide slightly less blade exposure. I would also like to see where the Wizamet measure width wise compared to the Polsilver.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That is really interesting. I appreciate that you took the time to measure all of those. This should be placed in the ShaveWiki section. The blade listings in the ShaveWiki seem kind of sparse. I would love to see the width measurements of the blades if you took those as well. I am interested in seeing if I can notice a difference in aggression with my Henson razor by using wider and narrower blades. According to the ShaveWiki the Bic blades were the narrowest so they should provide slightly less blade exposure. I would also like to see where the Wizamet measure width wise compared to the Polsilver.

A friend and I measured those blades one afternoon. All were measured with digital Mitutoyo calipers. Grant however, takes his measurements with a ratcheting micrometer that may be more accurate.

Measuring width accurately might be difficult because the very fine edge could be damaged, and certainly would be by me haha.

I found the thicknesses interesting. Feather blades I had thought would be thinner than they actually are because to me they seem slightly more flexible. From all of the measuring and use of all those blade types I've personally come to the conclusion that blade thickness variations between those blades means absolutely nothing to me. The Gillette Blue blade I tried at .0065" however, made a considerable difference although I dont know if that difference is solely the thickness of the blade and/or the steel used then.

There is some discussion about it starting here for a few posts. I think we came to the conclusion that all modern DE blades are made from the same base stock but the blade coatings would be closely held trade secrets.

A friend and I measured those blades one afternoon. All were measured with digital Mitutoyo calipers. Grant however, takes his measurements with a ratcheting micrometer that may be more accurate.

Measuring width accurately might be difficult because the very fine edge could be damaged, and certainly would be by me haha.

I found the thicknesses interesting. Feather blades I had thought would be thinner than they actually are because to me they seem slightly more flexible. From all of the measuring and use of all those blade types I've personally come to the conclusion that blade thickness variations between those blades means absolutely nothing to me. The Gillette Blue blade I tried at .0065" however, made a considerable difference although I dont know if that difference is solely the thickness of the blade and/or the steel used then.

There is some discussion about it starting here for a few posts. I think we came to the conclusion that all modern DE blades are made from the same base stock but the blade coatings would be closely held trade secrets.
Yes I considered that width measurement might be problematic due to the delicate nature of the blade edges. But I would love to see a comprehensive list of blade width measurements if it should ever be done. I have several blades listed in the ShaveWiki DE chart including the Kai (widest) and Bic Chrome Platinum (narrowest) so I can experiment with those. As coatings I tend to agree with you. Personally it seems that Chrome Platinum Blades tend give me the most comfortable shaves. The Personna Israeli Reds, Bic Chrome Platinum and Rapira Platinum Lux blades are my favorites with the Personna on top. I have used one Polsilver and it felt similar to the Personna to my face. Since Iridium is in the platinum group of metals according to Wikipedia it makes sense that I would enjoy them. The exception is Astra SP. To me they are just not as comfortable as the other platinum blades that I have tried.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yes I considered that width measurement might be problematic due to the delicate nature of the blade edges. But I would love to see a comprehensive list of blade width measurements if it should ever be done. I have several blades listed in the ShaveWiki DE chart including the Kai (widest) and Bic Chrome Platinum (narrowest) so I can experiment with those. As coatings I tend to agree with you. Personally it seems that Chrome Platinum Blades tend give me the most comfortable shaves. The Personna Israeli Reds, Bic Chrome Platinum and Rapira Platinum Lux blades are my favorites with the Personna on top. I have used one Polsilver and it felt similar to the Personna to my face. Since Iridium is in the platinum group of metals according to Wikipedia it makes sense that I would enjoy them. The exception is Astra SP. To me they are just not as comfortable as the other platinum blades that I have tried.

Interesting. I also find platinum blades very smooth. Polsilver doesnt start quite as smooth but by shave 4 they smooth out a great deal for me and are the equal of the smoothest blades I've used. Rapira Platinum Lux I like, as well as Lord Platinum but neither seem to cut quite as well as Bic Chrome Platinum. I didnt know the Bic's were narrower though. Being narrower might change the angle of edge to skin yielding a more effective cut. I find Bic's to be too much blade in my razors with gap but gap helps the Rapira and Lord blades cut a bit closer.

My smoothest blade is Gillette Yellow. They start to tug at shave 7. For the first 6 shaves however, the blade is invisible. Feather on its first shave, as long as I'm using a good for me soap, are also invisible but start to tug on their second shave.

Gillette Green is a fantastically smooth blade but they dont cut that well for me. Gillette Black and Perma-Sharp Super I found to also be especially smooth.

My top blade however, in all my DE razors with the exception of my R41, is the pre 2016 Derby Extra. I find them very smooth but I am aware of the blade, unlike when using a Gillette Yellow, and I feel no tugging whatsoever until shave 3 and then its barely perceptible. They go downhill quickly after that though. The feel to me in use is similar to an Astra SP or maybe a bit closer to Astra SS, but milder, more muted. I'm most aware of the blade when using Kai, Nacet and Personna Blue. They all feel very similar to me with Nacet giving the most blade feel.

i've started reading this thread from the start,
seen these wizamet for sale on ebay quick question there seems to be two versions one called the arabic one,
they seem to cost more, whats the difference exactly?

dromashop below

wizashave below

are these both legit? is one better then the other? thanks

seen these wizamet for sale on ebay quick question there seems to be two versions one called the arabic one,

dromashop below

wizashave below

Wizashave is legit as discussed above. Not sure about the first.

No idea about the packaging but I wouldn’t buy anywhere other than Wizashave.

Reactions: saj

dromashop below

wizashave below

They’re the same blades, both legit, I’ve purchased from both these sellers.

I believe the price difference is minimal, they are both based in Morocco.
Wizashave (who sells via eBay and also directly via his website) also has some stock in the US and ships from NY, so much quicker if you’re in the US. And he’s been very good at communicating and replying to any emails, etc

Reactions: saj
They’re the same blades, both legit, I’ve purchased from both these sellers.

I believe the price difference is minimal, they are both based in Morocco.
Wizashave (who sells via eBay and also directly via his website) also has some stock in the US and ships from NY, so much quicker if you’re in the US. And he’s been very good at communicating and replying to any emails, etc
cool whats dromashop customer service like?

wizashave seems to have 100% feedback on ebay uk

any idea how it compares to feather, nacet, wilkinson sword blades?

Smoother for sure. Not as sharp as Nacets and Feather but will outlast Feathers buy a wide margin IME.

alright i might order some

so this dromashop seller is selling 100 pcs for example at two different prices, whats the differences?
only difference i can see is that it says its the arabic version

Top Bottom