What's new

With Regard to the Recent PIFsplosion

I noticed yesterday that there were an incredible number of PIFs being started recently and I just wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude toward the fine gentlemen and women that are starting them. For many people like myself, right now PIFs and gifts from family are the only real ways they can justify building their selection/collection. For me, having just started my first year in a five year doctoral psychology program, the likelihood of my being able to purchase either a new razor or even antique is extremely low, since the only money I can allocate to that is what I have allocated for groceries. For the past several weeks I've been window shopping and staring enviously at all of the razors, soaps, and brushes they have in stock, wishing I could buy them. Knowing that there is an amazing community of gentlemen (and ladies of course) that are willing to help out their fellow wet shavers, especially newbies, is incredibly uplifting. I didn't tell my story to try to garner sympathy or anything, I just wanted to be able to express as accurately as possible how fantastic and admirable those who've PIF'd or are PIFing now are, and how much people like me appreciate what they're doing. I can't wait for the day that I am able to PIF something as well :)

Thank you all so much for the amazing things you all do! :thumbup:

Apparently 'tis the season for PIFs so I just wanted to bump this post again in honor of the gracious ladies and gentlemen that are giving up parts of their den in service to others!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Have you entered my latest PIF? (Shameless promotion:lol:)
There's a link to it in my SIG

Have you entered my latest PIF? (Shameless promotion:lol:)
There's a link to it in my SIG

very first one! Though I'm sure that will hurt me if you do random selection.. no one ever picks no. 1 lol :blink:

side note: 100th post! woo!

$Tonyintherapy.png

:) I'm planning one when I hit 1,500. Hope to see you enter!

Oh I'm sure I'll swoop in! I'm on a grad school budget so I can't afford to buy collection pieces (unless they're really worth sacrificing a couple of meals for lol)

+1 on B&B'ers generosity and willingness to give and share!! Some of the PIFs will blow you away with how amazing they can be!!

@Z4CHc, something else that I've discovered is something called a pass-around. There will be several razors, or brushes, or soap, or aftershaves, or what-not, put into a box with a signup, and it gets mailed around to each one that's signed up. After trying the product or products, you just need to pay for the shipping to the next person on the list. These things are absolutely incredible!! Some of them require 150+ posts, which you're close to. Worth checking out.

+1 on B&B'ers generosity and willingness to give and share!! Some of the PIFs will blow you away with how amazing they can be!!

@Z4CHc, something else that I've discovered is something called a pass-around. There will be several razors, or brushes, or soap, or aftershaves, or what-not, put into a box with a signup, and it gets mailed around to each one that's signed up. After trying the product or products, you just need to pay for the shipping to the next person on the list. These things are absolutely incredible!! Some of them require 150+ posts, which you're close to. Worth checking out.

Yep! Eagerly waiting for the day I can join a passaround--unfortunately a lot of them also have time requirements and despite my lurking without an account since 2014 when I first started exploring wet shaving, my account has been active for less than a month and most that I've seen require between 4-6 months minimum membership :/ One day though!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
very first one! Though I'm sure that will hurt me if you do random selection.. no one ever picks no. 1 lol :blink:

side note: 100th post! woo!

What kind of maniac makes a hundred posts on a forum?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.

Pretty sure it's not you. I think you need to pump up your posting to be eligible for any of my PIFs. Keep posting and you could be a winner.

Yep! Eagerly waiting for the day I can join a passaround--unfortunately a lot of them also have time requirements and despite my lurking without an account since 2014 when I first started exploring wet shaving, my account has been active for less than a month and most that I've seen require between 4-6 months minimum membership :/ One day though!
Sometimes if your post counts meet the requirements, you can talk to the one running the pass-around and they'll let in. Mostly, they just want you to be an active member.

:lol:

Top Bottom