What's new

Wish I asked what make this razor is at Geo F Trumpers.

Hi all

At my last trip to GFT I looked at the razors. They had this one for £65. It looks like the Merkur Heavy Duty but it had this bulbous-shaped brushed handle which was REALLY heavy. It was heavier than my Sledgehammer. I was so tempted to buy it but I thought I’d better ask the wife first.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this particular razor is. The reason why I am asking is I’m not sure if it’s a Merkur or other make.

Jason.

Is it this one?

IMG_7023.jpeg

I didn’t see this one earlier. It sounds more like the one referenced in the original post than the model I suggested before.

IMG_7027.jpeg

Hi all

At my last trip to GFT I looked at the razors. They had this one for £65. It looks like the Merkur Heavy Duty but it had this bulbous-shaped brushed handle which was REALLY heavy. It was heavier than my Sledgehammer. I was so tempted to buy it but I thought I’d better ask the wife first.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this particular razor is. The reason why I am asking is I’m not sure if it’s a Merkur or other make.

Jason.

Those GFT razors appear to be Chinese made clones. The markup is totally outrageous. The butterfly model looks like a Weishi Super Speed clone that can be had for $10 or less. The Merkur and Muhle clones are all over Ali Express for around $15.

I'd suggest getting a genuine Merkur replacement head and putting a third-party handle of your choice on it. IMHO, you should try to keep it well balanced, as being too handle heavy is not great for shaving with.

Last edited:
Balli razor on Ali Express shown:

1690358335121.png

Here's the Weishi long handle version, wow, under $4 including shipping! There's also a short handle version if you prefer.

1690358633228.png

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m pretty sure it’s that one. Thanks.

Jason.
It's a beauty in my opinion. But, lol, all my expenditures go through the War Department!

I now know why I have money in the bank: she don't never let me spend any doggone!

Top Bottom