What's new

Win a Semogue 1305 Brush From Shavetools.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I haven't personally shaved in 20+ years since getting all unwanted hair lazer removed. :biggrin1:

But, I'm a mom now with two late-teen sons and they have me cut their hair as well as clean up their necks with my dad's Henckel SR! My eldest in particular is dying to get into using a SR on a daily basis so I'm hunting for one that would be easy for him to learn on.

Great site!
Maria

Greatest shave to memory: About 3 months after i started wet shaving I received a bar of Vetos, a new Merkur 34c. It was the smoothest bbs shave I've ever felt. I've used the combination many times but never felt the same. A good day

The contest is now closed and the lucky winners have been randomly chosen. Thanks again for making this a successful contest and congratulations to the lucky winners.

Helzerr wins the grand prize of a Semogue 1305 Brush.
MellowMetal wins the hard soap combo pack.
BotSpanx wins the Erasmic stick.

The contest is now closed and the lucky winners have been randomly chosen. Thanks again for making this a successful contest and congratulations to the lucky winners.

Helzerr wins the grand prize of a Semogue 1305 Brush.
MellowMetal wins the hard soap combo pack.
BotSpanx wins the Erasmic stick.

Awesome!! Thanks Sargon! Never won anything on here, excited to break this bad boy in! :lol:

I have never won anything in my life... I just joined this site and I already won something. Thank you Sargon! I cant wait to tell everyone how great these soaps are going to be.

Hello Gents

I had a double blade razor back in the day but I sort of lost my way over time. This summer however, I happened upon a The Art of Shaving store and I have been hooked ever since. I have been using Proraso green soap and a synthetic Body Shop brush for years will my Gillette disposable, but now I am all about the pre and post shave routine. This morning I used E Shave sandlewood oil, DR Harris almond soap and Proraso white post shave cream. My face felt great, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like with a proper brush and blade.

Thanks for all the information. I hope to purchase my new kit soon.

I am a newbie with only a week of wet shaving under my belt. Not sure I can say I have had a good shave in comparison to other wet shavers. But, I have had excellent shaves compared to my previous cartridge razors. Being a full time student, I am currently using an inexpensive omega boar brush with omega shaving cream and a Merkur 33c. I hope to slowly add to/upgrade my den. Hopefully with better products and more practice, I will begin to get those great shaves everyone talks about.

Last edited:
The best shaves I ever had were almost 50 years ago with grandpa and his navy shaving kit...never a nick, despite the fact i used the little mirror in the kit...scratched and not very reflective. Grandpa helped me with the soap and brush, but i always got to put the resultant lather on my face..and in my eyes eyes and on my nose and, ultimately, all over the floor. It was a number of years before I realized there was never a blade in the razor. Today after a hot water face bath, and soaking my brush, I used my "little" (short but definately not small!) Stahly razor with a feather blade...Arco soap stick grated and lightly pressed into my shave bowl, and (now I find out I have always been "superlathering" without even knowing it...even when I used (gasp, sorry all) my "old" catridge razors.....) ProRazo white bowl sensitive mixed with some pure aloe vera. Being a work day, I did one pass wtg and one atg, and after a hot face rinse, slapped on some prorazo after shave balm mixed with aloe vera (no, grandpa did not use the aloe vera in his day!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom