What's new

Will G's Shea Glycerin shaving soap (& Aftershave lotion)...

rustyblade said:
No shipping to Canada. Oh well.

If you would like I'd be more than happy to buy some for you, and ship them for you.... only down side for you is that you'd get stuck paying the shipping from Will to me, then from me to you. Offer is out there though!

rustyblade said:
No shipping to Canada. Oh well.

Why not contact Will and let him know you learned about his soaps from Badger and Blade, and about the reviews he is receiving here. Maybe he will make an exception.

Randy

joel said:
Oops.... the scent I have MEANT to rave about is the #7 - not #37.... DOH!!! Don't get me wrong - I like the #37 - but in my opinion the #7 is just amazing!

Joel,

Can you describe the #7 scent?

Randy

Does anyone know the basic ingredients of the aftershave lotion? I seem to be getting some mild irritation from it. It's really slow coming on. After several hours, I get a slight, fever type of redness. Not painful or stinging, just warm. I'm using the unscented version, BTW.

I also have unscented versions of the shea and emerald soaps. I've used them without the ASB and have no adverse reaction. Both seem to be fine performers with the shea being the slicker of the two. I pretty much concur with the other reviews I have read here. For those who might wonder, even being unscented, both have a definite smell to them. Kind of a sharp, slightly acrid soapy smell. Similar to other "natural" products I've tried in the past. I'm looking forward to giving some of the scented versions a try.

Afternoon edit: It seems I was premature in blaming Will G's ASB for my irritation. I used the emerald soap and followed my shave with Natureade Aloe. I'm getting the same warm, rosy glow. I haven't had this problem when using Baxter's or Proraso ASB. They seem to be more effective for me. I'll try using an Israeli Personna rather than a Feather in my Progress and give it another shot.

Drew,

I like the Patchouli Shea soap. Lathers up nicely, good lubrication, and of course, it's Patchouli! It's not a perfect Patchouli scent...but it's good. I can't quite figure out what's added or missing, but I still enjoy it!

Randy

I like the patchouli shea.

the #7 kind of smells like vanilla, maybe a little musky but not too much... i'm not sure. it's hard to describe. kind of smells like a dessert, like a cookie or a cake or something.

rtaylor61 said:
Why not contact Will and let him know you learned about his soaps from Badger and Blade, and about the reviews he is receiving here. Maybe he will make an exception.

Randy
Yes thats exactly what I did , but then to the Netherlands offcourse. it shouldnt be so much more expensive for $10 you can ship quite alot to the Netherlands .

I think I must remind the Question to him he didnt answer but im sure his thoughts are with recovering from his knee. - > from Will G's store..

A torn knee cartilage forces temporary closure of our store. I had surgery yesterday, March 9th. I hope to reopen late this month. I sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience.

- Will G.

Top Bottom