What's new

why I joined the April Restraint and SWMBO hates B&B

Looks like you don't like a variety in brushes. Get cracking, dude

A man after my own heart! Not to mention I have family along the Susquehanna (quick and muddy) and spent countless summers in the land of the Dawgs as a kid.

If there is any true variety in wet-shaving land, it's the plethora of brushes to be had!

Peace!

funny all of my high priority wants are now brush and razors. in that order. Told SWMBO that I won't buy any razors if she got me an ATT 7 piece set for Christmas.

now that my most recent order of soap Catie's Bubbles LPV and Ocean I don't really want any more soaps or creams. Just but a Gillette slim adjustable. other than a couple of specific brushes there is not really anything else I want. what happened.

My AD's subsided because after a while, you realize that you cannot truly try every product out there. You cannot chase that "perfect product combination" forever. You find some products that you like very much, and realize that what you have is good enough. Not that I am settling for sub-par products, I have tried my assortment of stuff, I truly enjoy some of the stuff I have found so far, and why spoil it with a fools game of never finding "good enough"?

And by "good enough", I mean "this stuff is great, and I am very happy with it".

I kind of discovered that with knives before I joined this website. I also discovered when you have the right technique even inexpensive or "cheap and inferior" products can come to life and beat out the high end stuff. I have a $3 Victorinox paring knife which is the best cutting knife I own and I sharpen it with a $6 stone and $2 black compound on a piece of paper and can get it to start tree topping hair. The knife dulls quickly but it takes a few seconds on the compound to sharpen it up so my extremely high end and wear resistant knives collects dust as there is really no need to use them as they are now "inferior" tools.

So this time I set out to master what I buy instead of finding that magically perfect combo that you will never find. Did a little research and purchased some items, and I am several months in and the desire to buy more stuff to try is dying out. I mainly have 4 things on my list arko, proraso shaving soap, lubriderm 3 in 1 body/face/after shave lotion as I am using the dollar store version, and an Omega boar brush so I can compare it to my VDH boar. That list was a lot longer when I first started.

This time around I told myself I am not switching the razor or the blades till after I'm done with the initial pack I bought, a 30pk of Astra SP's and at this rate it may take me close to a year to go through them all. I bought a few more pucks of VDH Deluxe to convince myself to not buy any other soaps till those are done and I picked up a year's supply. Surprisingly enough this is working pretty well as it's forcing me to master these products to the point where I don't really have desire to buy other stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom