What's new

Why do I keep trying Feather blades?

Because I have them still of course!:w00t: Everytime I try them they eat my face up the first shave and then give me a great shave from sessions 2-5. I should just stick to the Merkur blades or try the Derby blades. For some reason, Feather blades and my face don't get along. Maybe I'll learn...but I do have 2 more blades.

RP

Because I have them still of course!:w00t: Everytime I try them they eat my face up the first shave and then give me a great shave from sessions 2-5. I should just stick to the Merkur blades or try the Derby blades. For some reason, Feather blades and my face don't get along. Maybe I'll learn...but I do have 2 more blades.

RP

dude - I share your pain - I have 26 of the damn things that I am nearly ready to trade away... I have tried them in:
(corked and un-corked)
47 aristocrat - OMG - micro-derm abrasion / peel every shave
58 Superspeed - nearly as bad as the Aristocrat
British Tech - almost tamed
62 Gillette slim - need to lower the setting so much it takes 5 passes to get smooth, which = irritation again.

The only razor they came close to a comfortable shave with was the Tech, but even then I was a 'red-neck' all day...I've never cut myself with them, but they leave me red and sore....

I am getting rid of them for Derby Extras, and maybe in a year - when I Run out of Derby's and my technique improves, I'll try them again....

Barry

Peer pressure. You're just trying to be one of the cool kids! :biggrin:

(Jus' kiddin'...)

+1 on the corking. They're pretty harsh, not for every razor, and not for everybody, but a gentle cork pass made a pretty impressive difference for me.

Everytime I try them they eat my face up the first shave and then give me a great shave from sessions 2-5. I should just stick to the Merkur blades or try the Derby blades.

Perhaps use a Merkur or Derby for the first shave, then a Feather for shaves 2-5. That should solve your problem. :confused: :smile: :confused:

Cheers

Jeremy

I tried them the other day with horrible results but today it was absolutely amazing! I got to try it thanks to the generosity of Matt (mightemacs) but I was wondering where I can buy a full 100 of them? I haven't found any online stores that sell them in that amount.

there are some razors that just don't work with feathers. i have had the best luck with my fat boy but use em in everything EXCEPT any pre 1935 razor...

Jeez! You pay big bucks for razors and badger brushes, then you are too cheap to throw away a few 20 cent blades? You would rather walk around with a red, irritated neck? There are so many different blade brands out there, and they are so inexpensive relative to all the other shave gear we buy. I tossed a ten-pack of Derbies because I didn't like the shave and didn't require therapy for it.
I have fifty Treet Blues (only cost me five bucks) that are going to end up in the same trash can if I can't solve the rust problem. Dipping in alcohol, as one member suggested, didn't do any good.

Top Bottom