What's new

Why did no one tell me about this soap?! Complete game changer for me.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
It has already been tomorrow...

I came here to ask this @FarmerTan?

I believe @FarmerTan is referring to this well known story from the Bible.

Once upon a time there was a man named Noah. He was forced to grow a long beard as his favourite shaving soap had been reformulated from a tallow base to palm oil. God (who was also forced to grow a long beard for the same reason) came to Noah and said build an Arko and get 2 of all the animals and put them in the Arko for I will wipe the earth clean of the scourge that is "Mitchell's Wool Fat" there should be some law against calling it original formula when you change the recepie that much. Noah did say unto God did you mean build an ark like a boat and God did say "Of course I meant an ark, you know I'm infallible don't you?"
Noah and his sons did build the ark and with their wives and the animals boarded it and God did send the rain 'cause he don't mess about when it comes to shaving gear. The flood came and the MWF soap was unable to produce enough lather to stop it. "Told you" said God. Noah did drop some Arko sticks into the flood water to make it smell lemony fresh although his sons thought it made the flood smell like a pub urinal. Noah and his family rode out the flood in the ark and apart from regretting bringing the woodpeckers and having to eat the unicorns when the food ran out they survived.
Then God returned and said unto Noah "They'll think twice before reformulating MWF again"

Is there rain forecast for Yorkshire?

There are so many miracles performed when you start DE shaving as a hobby, I was lucky enough to live one that mirrored the loaves and fishes story of the bible.

When I started this shaving lark, I told the LOTH that I would start small with just enough to see if I liked it, two sticks of Arko! and 5 blades should suffice. After shaving for only a few months on these limited supplies, many would say insufficient for the task, when the LOTH opened my shaving den cupboard there were now many soaps, blades and other paraphernalia, enough to fill baskets and likely keep me shaving for over a year or two....

It is truly a miracle.

Once upon a time there was a man named Noah. He was forced to grow a long beard as his favourite shaving soap had been reformulated from a tallow base to palm oil. God (who was also forced to grow a long beard for the same reason) came to Noah and said build an Arko and get 2 of all the animals and put them in the Arko for I will wipe the earth clean of the scourge that is "Mitchell's Wool Fat" there should be some law against calling it original formula when you change the recepie that much. Noah did say unto God did you mean build an ark like a boat and God did say "Of course I meant an ark, you know I'm infallible don't you?"
Noah and his sons did build the ark and with their wives and the animals boarded it and God did send the rain 'cause he don't mess about when it comes to shaving gear. The flood came and the MWF soap was unable to produce enough lather to stop it. "Told you" said God. Noah did drop some Arko sticks into the flood water to make it smell lemony fresh although his sons thought it made the flood smell like a pub urinal. Noah and his family rode out the flood in the ark and apart from regretting bringing the woodpeckers and having to eat the unicorns when the food ran out they survived.
Then God returned and said unto Noah "They'll think twice before reformulating MWF again"

Is there rain forecast for Yorkshire?
Ya know, Noah's Ark is rumored to have landed on Mt Ararat.
Which is in Turkey.
Arko is made in Turkey.

We can joke as much as we want, but at the end of the day Arko is the best bang for the buck!
I don't mind the smell/scent/aroma, for me it's just a clean soap scent.
The performance is outstanding considering its price, and we can only hope that Arko never goes vegan 🙂

Mixed in with all the other soaps I have, I am wondering how much Arko I will be buried with?!
Picture1.jpg

Thanks all for the laughs, I recently tried a Stick and immediatelly ordered a 12 pack for 20 bucks delivered, just found the tubs for 35 delivered. 20 percent more product for 75 percent more price. Still a good deal I think.
That is what happens when you buy the same product in a luxury plastic container instead of working class foil. Presentation is everything in marketing.

Last edited:
If you like Arko sticks, I think Palmolive is the better stick, and the better scent. And also cheap.

However, I prefer tabac sticks and no longer buy Palmolive. Since the reformulation of tabac, I may have to rethink that.

Top Bottom