What's new

Why did no one tell me about this soap?! Complete game changer for me.

I asked chatGPT it’s opinion of arko

“Why doesn’t Arko Shaving Soap ever get lost? Because no matter where it goes, it always leaves a scent!”

Remember, whether you think Arko has the nostalgic aroma of clean laundry or the fragrance of a well-used public restroom, it’s a scent that’s hard to forget!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I asked chatGPT it’s opinion of arko

“Why doesn’t Arko Shaving Soap ever get lost? Because no matter where it goes, it always leaves a scent!”

Remember, whether you think Arko has the nostalgic aroma of clean laundry or the fragrance of a well-used public restroom, it’s a scent that’s hard to forget!
Amen.

Thanks all for the laughs, I recently tried a Stick and immediatelly ordered a 12 pack for 20 bucks delivered, just found the tubs for 35 delivered. 20 percent more product for 75 percent more price. Still a good deal I think.
No need to pay extra for those tubs - you can easily squeeze the stick into any container you prefer if you don't want to use as a shave stick.

I don’t recall Arko ever being mentioned here. Is it new?

I'm fairly certain Arko must have just been released this year? I mean, there is no way I could have missed it otherwise?!
Cella is fantastic too, excellent lather. The old school soaps (that haven't changed formulations yet) are so impressive. I guess I just needed to run through all the modern soaps to appreciate the classics more. Kind of like when I was young, I wanted the cool, fast cars (and they were FUN for sure!) but now I want something comfortable and reliable.

Yes, it was just released a few weeks ago... On the first day of Spring.... for that refreshing, after winter feel.

Arko is great soap, surprising it doesn't get mentioned much on B&B :)

Yes, April 1 I believe. :):)

This is for me also a new brand, where are they from??
ha.gif

True story, I was all excited the other morning to try my new Tabac stick, as I was rubbing that stick on my whiskers the artificial stank was too much to endure, so I grabbed a wash cloth and rinsed that nasty chemical smell off my kisser, reached in the drawer for the young Santa Clause man and gleefully had a great shave.

True story, I was all excited the other morning to try my new Tabac stick, as I was rubbing that stick on my whiskers the artificial stank was too much to endure, so I grabbed a wash cloth and rinsed that nasty chemical smell off my kisser, reached in the drawer for the young Santa Clause man and gleefully had a great shave.
Is it even possible to love the scent of Arko, but not Tabac?! They are the yin and yang of shaving power scents :kyle1:

Anybody else heard of Arko? :adoration: In all seriousness, I am kicking myself for waiting this long. I just got my first Arko puck last weekend and have used it every day this week. I'm in love. Really wish I would have started with it instead of literally spending probably thousands over the past 10 years on just about every single artisan soap out there. My plan is to sell and PIF a lot of my software, use up the rest (Still love my Southern Witchcrafts, PAA, SV, Mikes and Stirling) buy a couple dozen Arko sticks, pair it with my favorite aftershaves, and never buy another soap again. Yes it has a strong chemical citrus scent, but I don't mind it! Leaves just a clean soap smell after the shave. But that creamy slickness it provides, oh my, stellar! Never mind that it is pennies on the dollar compared to most soaps, the performance is elite level for me. I could be happy with Tabac and Arko for all my remaining years.
View attachment 1663910
Join the club!
I did the same thing. Tried it for the first time a few months back and feel that I've wasted time and money on lots of other soaps.
I never had the courage to use it because of all the negatives (and jokes) I would read about the scent. I actually like the scent and the performance of the soap is incredible.
And to top it off it's cheap and the puck seems to last forever. I don't even use a bowl with this one. I load the brush right off the puck and straight to my face. Like you I still use others that are also favorites (mostly TOBS) but Arko has become my #1.

Top Bottom