What's new

Why did no one tell me about this soap?! Complete game changer for me.

Anybody else heard of Arko? :adoration: In all seriousness, I am kicking myself for waiting this long. I just got my first Arko puck last weekend and have used it every day this week. I'm in love. Really wish I would have started with it instead of literally spending probably thousands over the past 10 years on just about every single artisan soap out there. My plan is to sell and PIF a lot of my software, use up the rest (Still love my Southern Witchcrafts, PAA, SV, Mikes and Stirling) buy a couple dozen Arko sticks, pair it with my favorite aftershaves, and never buy another soap again. Yes it has a strong chemical citrus scent, but I don't mind it! Leaves just a clean soap smell after the shave. But that creamy slickness it provides, oh my, stellar! Never mind that it is pennies on the dollar compared to most soaps, the performance is elite level for me. I could be happy with Tabac and Arko for all my remaining years.
Picture1.jpg

I could get by on Arko, but my two go-to's are Cella and Tabac (although I am still working with the tallow version of Tabac and have yet to try the non-tallow formulation). Cella is not quite an inexpensive as Arko, but its lather is so much thicker and creamier that I prefer to pay the little extra.

I'm fairly certain Arko must have just been released this year? I mean, there is no way I could have missed it otherwise?!
Cella is fantastic too, excellent lather. The old school soaps (that haven't changed formulations yet) are so impressive. I guess I just needed to run through all the modern soaps to appreciate the classics more. Kind of like when I was young, I wanted the cool, fast cars (and they were FUN for sure!) but now I want something comfortable and reliable.

Arko is great soap, surprising it doesn't get mentioned much on B&B :)
Guys more focused on comparing it to men's rooms rather than using and loving it?! Honestly all of the comments on the scent are what kept me away from it for so long. Just like with Tabac, the scent is a gatekeeper meant to only let those truly in the know that they are in for a lather extravaganza!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
As the consensus is this is a new soap can anyone describe the scent. One post mentioned the smell of men's rooms which brings to mind a Turkish soap I tried many years ago with a similar scent to a pub urinal

As the consensus is this is a new soap can anyone describe the scent. One post mentioned the smell of men's rooms which brings to mind a Turkish soap I tried many years ago with a similar scent to a pub urinal
Synthetic lemon and citronella (I think). Reminds me of a mosquito candle. It does perform well, though, and the scent is only a short-term assault on your senses that rinses almost completely away.

Top Bottom