What's new

whoa! just saw a deer run right past my house

I just saw a doe run right past my house down the alley and it was the coolest thing ever. deer sightings in Minneapolis are pretty rare from what I can tell, so it was kinda neat seeing one trot right by me. I wonder, where did it come from? it had to have traversed quite a few heavily populated neighborhoods just to get to mine and down busy streets. i've had a few fox sightings in my neighborhood but never a deer.

I've had numerous deer and turkey sightings around here (St. Paul) They're pretty adaptable creatures and if they're not hunted/no predators will thrive too well IMO.

There is a large family of deer that live in the wooded area behind our house. It is weird because it is a suburb of Washington D.C. so it is quite populated but wooded. The deer have become so familiar with people that they will just stand there and look at you unless you get really close. The other day I let my dog outside and there was a deer standing in our neighbors front yard. My dog got nose to nose with the deer before the doe trotted off. They are pretty cool but I can see how they will eventually overpopulate the area.

Top Bottom