What's new

who is british No89 Aristocrat ?

Hi guys, I need your help. I´ve this outer shipper from a british Aristocrat one piece razor No89. The old No77 is overstamped with No89 (No77 was a NEW two piece razor). I don´t know, which razor comes with this cardboard. Has anybody a idea? :confused::confused:

Achim, is there only one place where there is a 77 stamped over with an 89? Could 89 possible be a price sticker for a store that just happened to be over the 77?

That is really very odd, I ve never heard of an 89. Not to mention you not knowing either...:wink:

My guess is that it was a reissue of the 77.

Achim, is there only one place where there is a 77 stamped over with an 89? Could 89 possible be a price sticker for a store that just happened to be over the 77?

The selling price is in the cutouts for the flaps - "21/- inc tax" (21 shillings) or £1.05 in modern money.

Erwin is right.. the #77 was not a one piece so my thinking is the same as Ray's... must be a reissue of some sort. I love a good mystery!

They probably made a printing mistake at the factory with the cardboards mixing the 77 with the aristocrat sets...Here is my 77 cardboard without the word aristocrat on it.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom