What's new

Who has over paid for a used gun because you really wanted it?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest_new.jpg

There once was this really nice, cased, Walnut stocked, hand rubbed oil finished Weatherby Athena and a Weatherby MKII, but I didnt buy them. I bought a Gamba Montreal Trap/Skeet set instead that I paid too much for, couldnt shoot and it slapped me in the face every time I pulled the trigger.

That 39A should have the Micro Groove rifling. If you want one, buy it, you wont be disappointed, as long as it has a good barrel anyway.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
More to follow, but I am really tempted to do that very thing.
If it’s out of production, not a run of the mill piece & something you really want, by all means, do it!

I did that once when I stumbled onto a transitional .32-20 Colt Army Special ... like that day I fractured a metatarsal, the pain from spending “too much” faded long ago.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
If it’s out of production, not a run of the mill piece & something you really want, by all means, do it!

I did that once when I stumbled onto a transitional .32-20 Colt Army Special ... like that day I fractured a metatarsal, the pain from spending “too much” faded long ago.

I told the guy I will take it. Hopefully I can get it this afternoon. I wanted one that was pre Golden I really don't know why?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It's less than 4 bills. I am going to pay $875 I really want this one.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I will confirm when I pick it up but IIRC the serial # was an H..1951? I would assume that will be Ballard.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good move, IMO. 🤔 New Gun Happy Dance has its own value.

Wish I had a 39A. Gun for life, Marlin quality is its own reward. My Henry is junk, by comparison.

Levers are so slim, they carry well compared to a bolt. And balance well.

Get some Colibri powder-less rounds for quiet immediate backyard shooting - lever can shoot anything.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

Wish I had a 39A. Gun for life, Marlin quality is its own reward. My Henry is junk, by comparison.

Get some Colibri powder-less rounds for quiet immediate backyard shooting - lever can shoot anything.

AA

Living in a Dallas suburb I may not shoot in my back yard. But there is a really nice outdoor range 10 minutes from me and woodland all over when rodent season opens. Well parts of Texas you can kill the rodents year round.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thats a couple of dollars more than I will pay for the Marlin. I am going to buy it. What the hell.

Yep a couple. I'd have been sorely temped if it was his old battered .416 Rigby though.

It's less than 4 bills. I am going to pay $875 I really want this one.

Small price to pay in the grande scheme of things, or so someone always told me when I was hemming and hawing. Thanks dad! lol
Maybe. Maybe not....I believe 1954 was the transition year from Ballard to Micro Groove.

Ballard would be even better in my opinion. Either way I dont see it a mistake. A friend hunted with an old Marlin Micro groove semi. It would shoot with my Remington 541T and I had a 20x Leupold on mine.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

AA

It’s just money…. :)

Top Bottom