What's new

Who has over paid for a used gun because you really wanted it?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
852DE71E-83C5-4383-B002-64583403B129.jpeg
A6169A2B-8186-4BB4-A35B-F07670E1617A.jpeg
B76D1F31-F058-4A51-8BAC-9141F733423B.jpeg
042277D8-D0B2-4244-9F91-17D631EF7D41.jpeg
5A3B876D-6075-4EB7-8453-A38668611286.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Sweet! Congrats.

Though I recall the company was in North Haven, not New Haven. Perhaps they moved.

Blue looks good, white line spacers should clean right up.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Sweet! Congrats.

Though I recall the company was in North Haven, not New Haven. Perhaps they moved.

Blue looks good, white line spacers should clean right up.

AA

From what I can gather, Mike they moved from New Haven to North Haven in 1968.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Honest wear, good bluing and no pitting. Thats a nice survivor.

The thumb screw can likely be replaced easily enough but the bluing might not match. It could also be repaired with some careful file work if you felt the need.

I've sold stuff too cheap but have usually been cheap buying. I have developed a bad habit of thinking I need to check a box on my bucket list with guns and bidding while drinking after everything else has been paid for. I did this tonight lol. I am probably winning a bid on a 327 revolver tomorrow.

I paid 675 for one last year. A 1964 model found locally. I picked up a 57 model about 4 years ago on Gunbroker from some dealer up in Connecticut, cannot remember his name. When I mentioned using a C&R for transfer he said to just send a personal check and actually shipped the gun out the day he got my C&R form and check.

The state I live in had a ban that went into effect at a certain date, so I bought an AR15 that I probably paid too much for. It is however a "pre-ban" and I am allowed to keep it, so there's that. In the time since, I bought AR pistols and converted these to SBRs that fall under different rules. That's also an expensive proposition.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The state I live in had a ban that went into effect at a certain date, so I bought an AR15 that I probably paid too much for. It is however a "pre-ban" and I am allowed to keep it, so there's that. In the time since, I bought AR pistols and converted these to SBRs that fall under different rules. That's also an expensive proposition.

Spending a bit extra to be grand fathered in, along with converting your AR pistols to SBR are wise decisions for now.

I gave $1800 for an M1 Garand on an auction as a Christmas present for myself last year. January 1942 serial number, new wood and barrel, and all Springfield parts. I hit my maximum bid with 2 days remaining in the auction, but nobody else bid any more for it. Pricey? Yes, but there aren’t any more being made, and one in this shape are hard to come by. When I picked it up at my FFL, he told me this was the nicest Garand he has ever had come through.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Get off of my lawn!!! Lol

Here's one one for you. When converting my Colt AR15 AR6721 into an SBR, I wanted all Colt parts. I saw that a complete 14.5" or 11.5" Colt upper was like $800 or so. I though I could build one from parts for less. Well I might have save like $10 esp. with S&H fees for all those parts. It really was not worth it for all the work I put into it. I should have just got the complete upper. Well - ok one advantage. The wife does not see an $800 charge on the CC all at once.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I gave $1800 for an M1 Garand on an auction as a Christmas present for myself last year. January 1942 serial number, new wood and barrel, and all Springfield parts. I hit my maximum bid with 2 days remaining in the auction, but nobody else bid any more for it. Pricey? Yes, but there aren’t any more being made, and one in this shape are hard to come by. When I picked it up at my FFL, he told me this was the nicest Garand he has ever had come through.
View attachment 1314800View attachment 1314801View attachment 1314802

Get off of my lawn!!! Lol

That is sweet!

Top Bottom