What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

In the movie "My Life," Micheal Keaton is a dying cancer patient making a video for his unborn son. He teaches him how to shave.

"Remember - up and down - never horizontally..."

Crimson Peak

proxy.php

Watched that show as kid. .along with Dark shadows. I'm Vampire show watcher.
I recently saw The Norliss Tapes. It's a 1973 pilot for an unproduced series starring Roy Thinnes. It was sort of a melding of Kolchak and Dark Shadows. Not really surprising, it was directed by Dan Curtis who created Dark Shadows and TV movies such as Trilogy of Terror. The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1968), Dracula (1973), Frankenstein (1973), The Picture of Dorian Gray (1973), etc. The Norliss Tapes wasn't great but was OK and had a vintage look & feel that took me back.

I recently saw The Norliss Tapes. It's a 1973 pilot for an unproduced series starring Roy Thinnes. It was sort of a melding of Kolchak and Dark Shadows. Not really surprising, it was directed by Dan Curtis who created Dark Shadows and TV movies such as Trilogy of Terror. The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1968), Dracula (1973), Frankenstein (1973), The Picture of Dorian Gray (1973), etc. The Norliss Tapes wasn't great but was OK and had a vintage look & feel that took me back.
It was a movie in 1973, I Remember that one

$Screenshot_2016-04-11-00-32-10.jpg

If you haven't seen Trilogy of Terror, it's worth seeing. I'll have to find it and see how it's held up over time. I remember it as pretty scary when I saw it way back when. Worried Karen Black might get me, [emoji33] And not in a good way, [emoji6]
proxy.php

If you haven't seen Trilogy of Terror, it's worth seeing. I'll have to find it and see how it's held up over time. I remember it as pretty scary when I saw it way back when. Worried Karen Black might get me, [emoji33] And not in a good way, [emoji6]
proxy.php

I have recently watched Trilogy of Terror and found it to be less frightening, but still a lot of fun. The final one is still the best. but I thought the second one with the sisters was pretty creepy too.

I have recently watched Trilogy of Terror and found it to be less frightening, but still a lot of fun. The final one is still the best. but I thought the second one with the sisters was pretty creepy too.
Thanks for the response. What's considered terrifying has really ratcheted up over the years. That and I was a fairly sheltered kid way back when it it frightened me. I'll have to come back here and post after I find it and watch again after all these years.

Thanks for the response. What's considered terrifying has really ratcheted up over the years. That and I was a fairly sheltered kid way back when it it frightened me. I'll have to come back here and post after I find it and watch again after all these years.
The 70's were a great time for made-for-tv horror movies. There's another movie from the same era called Don't Be Afraid of the Dark with Kim Darby and Jeff Hutton. I found that incredibly nightmare inducing when it was first on. It's still a creepy movie, but no nightmares this time around. There's yet another called The Horror at 37,000 Feet that I watched recently that spooked me a good deal when I was 10. It's funnier now than anything else. Finally, I just re-watched Something Evil which is very obviously directed by Steven Speilberg from that era. That is still creepy. I absolutely lived for movies like those.

Top Bottom