What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

"Jeeves and Wooster" starring Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry, Season 1, Episode 1, "Jeeves Takes Charge" (1990)

(cont'd)

Attachments

• $Jeeves W.jpg
    $Jeeves W.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 202
  • $Jeeves X.jpg
    $Jeeves X.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 198
  • $Jeeves Y.jpg
    $Jeeves Y.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 200
  • $Jeeves Z.jpg
    $Jeeves Z.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 200
I'm not a big fan of scuttles, but I'd love to have one of those.

What do you think its made of? Sterling? Pewter?

Who cares ... its gorgeous!

I caught en episode of King of the Hill the other day where Peggy shaves Hank's head with a straight razor after he catches lice. I can't find a screencap, though.

Movie: Pan's Labyrinth
Actor: Sergi Lopez
proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm no expert but to me this look like a Vie-Long Professional N.1 Extra Horse :D
It's been hunted, but keep on the prey

Pan's Labyrinth (2006) Captain Vidal shaving with a straight.--[p 121]

Pacific The (2010-present) a soldier gets hospitalized and has his GEM 1912 taken away--[p 113]

Pan's Labyrinth [2006] Falange captain Vidal shaves with a Dovo Marble scales straight.--[p 43]

I was interested and surprised by the shaving scene in the classic silent film The Big Parade. The hero is rich and carefree, and has a butler who shaves him with a "cut throat" straight razor. The butler lathered the hero's face and then put a hot towel on top of the lather. The rest of the shave wasn't shown, because the hero jumped out of his chair to watch the soldier's parading past his open window - on their way to World War I. A barber has told me that, yes, the hot towel was put on top of lather but then the face was re-lathered before shaving.

Two that I saw recently. One may have already been mentioned.

1) "It Could Happen to You." In an early scene, Nicholas Cage is shown shaving with what looks to be a short-handled Super Adjustable.

2) TV show, "Restaurant Impossible." In the most recent episode, he goes to New Orleans to rescue a placed called "Ju Ju Bag Cafe and Barber Shop." In the show, a woman is shown giving a straight razor shave to a customer. She is an interesting woman who claims 30 years of barbering experience.

I didn't expect to see a shaving scene in Restaurant Impossible, but there you go.

The Poseidon Adventure (1972 original) - Carol Lindley and Red Buttons have a chat in the inverted barber shop. About 1:22 into the movie.

$poseidon.jpg

Just watched a shaving scene on The Following (S2E5). Wow..so much scrapping! And the stropping too!! And he didn't even dry the razor when he was done!! lol

I caught en episode of King of the Hill the other day where Peggy shaves Hank's head with a straight razor after he catches lice. I can't find a screencap, though.
Great hunt....it was hunted before, but keep on hunting.....

• K
  • King of the Hill (1997-98)s#2/e#15- Louanne in the bathroom shaving her legs with Hanks razor.--[p 64]
  • King of the hill (2003) s7/e19-gang decide to shave their heads to get rid of the lice using straights.

Top Bottom