What's new

Which Way Do You Turn Your Brush?

Which Way Do You Turn Your Brush?

• Circular

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Counter Circular

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I have a Dubl Duck brush that the bristles of the brush has taken a hard set.
I had to take about an inch off of the end of the brush.
I might have to take a little more off of it.
This brush was design as professional brush and I'm pretty sure it was used that way.
It looks like the brush was used in a circular motion.
When I used it you could see more than an inch laying down in the mug.
I do a counter circular motion mostly but go back and forth between directions.
I do this because I don't want it to set in one direction.
I'm not sure I could make that much of a difference though.
I have seen some brush's on eBay with a little bit of a set to them.
So which way do you turn your brush?
Ron

The bristles are that way because someone likely left the brush in the mug bristles down between uses. Probably lathered and full of soap as well. This is why the bristles are permanently set in the position that they are. Normal use including rinsing that drying the brush properly won't cause them to do this.

So, I wouldn't think it would make a difference which direction you lathered the brush provided you rinsed it and either let it dry standing on it's base or hanging. Drying the brush (with or without soap) bristles down is likely the issue. Unfortunately it's not uncommon to find brushes that have been abused like this.

As far as cutting the bristles down goes that's something that's usually not done. I guess that the brush was ruined anyway so not much to lose, but I wouldn't expect very positive results from it once you've cut the hair.

I go counter clockwise, so I voted counter circular. At times, I'll alternate while loading the brush but the counter clockwise still has more action than clockwise.

I do clockwise, counter-clockwise, and use back and forth paintbrush motions. None of my brushes have changed in terms of shape from when I got them, other than the fact that they all bloom a little different after the first time I got them wet.

I'm confused... What's counter-circular? I mean, a circular motion, in the opposite direction, is still a circular motion, right?

My brushes always get turned in a clockwise motion.

I googled it, and all I got was this (Pretty sure we're not talking about counters, LOL):
proxy.php

When I used it you could see more than an inch laying down in the mug.
So, was this a curve in the brush from being placed bristles down in a mug?

Circular would be Clockwise
Counter Circular
would be Counter Clockwise
Sorry for the confusion.
Working on getting ready for the hurricanes confused my mind.

I don't know anything about the brush as I bought it from a professional eBay picker who knew nothing about the brush.
It would make sense to me that maybe someone left it sitting.
What's the saying... "Road hard and put up wet".

I do have a new knot coming which is why I tried taking it apart.
However I cut the old bristles off about an inch and used it like that for my shave last night.
It worked great so I might just use it as is.
This is the only boar brush I have.

Ron

Last edited:
I never even thought of about which direction but I guess circular!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom