What's new

Which Razor Next?

What do you guys recommend as my next razor considering I want something more efficient than my Gillette C King and Merkur 34C?

I want high efficiency but without a high likelihood of cuts as I have semi-sensitive skin (if you know of such a razor). I often shave every 3-4 days.

Preferably under $100.

I’m making a list for Black Friday.

Thanks!

Game Changer!

Go for the GC.84P, and if it feels bitey, go gently, and persevere with it for a week or two. Provided you have good blades, it might become docile, and your favourite.

That's what happened here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe look at a Gillette Tech and pair it with a sharper blade such as Feather or a Gillette Nacet. This is a great combination for many of us. Plus it won’t cost you much so if it doesn’t work for you then it hasn’t cost you too much.

I’d go for the Rockwell 6c or s, depending on the deal you get. Wonderful smooth razor, different plates to choose from. It’s my number one modern razor.

There is something just magical about that head that just wipes my hair off with an amazing level of comfort.

All covered here by these great members.
Just adding the K. Outlander.
Thou your face/shave my may vary, I prefer the RR G C line up. Works better for me.
Remember, faces, skills, stubble, and a whole more matters.
Sorry, still comes down to a buy and try.
Good Luck,,,
BFX
So many great options out there..
But don't forget about the skills and the process...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'd take a look at the Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 base plate. It's worth a glance, at least. It's just over $100. I don't know about Black Friday sales.

Excellent list of options in this thread!!

Let us know which ones you pick (PLEASE). :popc:
I purchased the Rockwell 6S in their early Black Friday sale yesterday for $96. The Razorock Gamechanger .84p is my possible next pickup if it goes on sale in the next few weeks.

I’d love to get a Rex Konsul but even with their pending 25% off Black Friday sale, that’s difficult to justify. Maybe I’ll consider it my Christmas gift hah. Still working on rationalizing the unneeded purchase.

I started the evolution from those same style razors. I went with an English Gillette tech which was efficient and nice. The Canadian made pre war tech is supposed to be the most aggressive or the English made fat handle Gillette Tech, but I’m kind of impressed with the Merkur 1904 I just got in for 30 bucks! Mild, but very efficient. I’ve been scared of open combs but this one is nice.

I also have a Yaqi adjustable razor called “The Final Cut” on the way for like 25 bucks that seems to be the same head as a Muhle / Edwin Jager which I’m looking forward to trying.

I ended up snagging the Rockwell 6S. I do have to get a new handle and/or cap due to finicky threading (no biggie - Rockwell is sending it for free), but it’s an amazingly tame shave with plate 3. I know now what people mean when they say that they can shave on autopilot with that thing and not worry about nicks or razor burn. I see no need to use different plates, thankfully, so the plate system isn’t going to be bothersome after all.

The only change I’d make is to make it a little lighter for better agility (e.g., thin the base plates and perhaps the handle…or hollow the handle). Also, I’m not the only one who has complained about threading issues. They need to get that sorted out but kudos to them for sending replacement parts when it happens.

I hadn't planned on getting another razor. I've already got a dozen but like my Leaf Twig so much I looked at a Leaf Thorn, it's slightly more aggressive brother and, wouldn't you know it, a Black Friday sale on Amazon came along and tempted my like the sirens of old. Of course, I caved and bought one and should have it tomorrow or Monday.
This is me shaving with it.

Really.

Even though I don't have it yet.

But I'm that young and handsome.

I swear. :laugh:

proxy.php

Top Bottom