What's new

Which one of you bought this!

Great buy!! Fatboys in cases alone have gone for near that range warranted or not. But, in an original blister pack ...

DANG!

Too sweet! Nice buy ..., no, great buy!

I knew it would go high just not that high. It would be very cool to have a NOS razor where you get to put the first shave on it. Congrats!

I knew it would go high just not that high. It would be very cool to have a NOS razor where you get to put the first shave on it. Congrats!

:scared:

Please! Do not open that blister pack! That is an extremely rare piece as is. If you open it and use it it quickly becomes a very nice $100 set with a violated outer wrapping.

Totally intact it will eventually bring well more than what you paid in the near future. I'll guarantee that.

Please! Do not open that blister pack! That is an extremely rare piece as is. If you open it and use it it quickly becomes a very nice $100 set with a violated outer wrapping.

Totally intact it will eventually bring well more than what you paid in the near future. I'll guarantee that.

+1

Don't ever open it! :thumbup1:

I would'nt pay that, but, the rarity of it, & in that condition, is astonishing. Not even a hint of age or a crack in the packaging. It must have been kept in an airtight environment.

If you acquired a NOS vintage sport car, would you let it set your garage to collect dust? :blink:

It's life man. You can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy while your here.

If you acquired a NOS vintage sport car, would you let it set your garage to collect dust? :blink:

It's life man. You can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy while your here.

There are dozens of people here who would give him multiple Fatboys to have that one in it's original pack. If you came across an original copy of the Declaration of Independence would you wrap fish in it because it is simply paper?

We all have an obligation to society to preserve history whenever and where ever possible. I understand it is life better than most here. Because of that I want to give something to the future that I can't take with me.

There are dozens of people here who would give him multiple Fatboys to have that one in it's original pack. If you came across an original copy of the Declaration of Independence would you wrap fish in it because it is simply paper?

We all have an obligation to society to preserve history whenever and where ever possible. I understand it is life better than most here. Because of that I want to give something to the future that I can't take with me.

I would no more use the Declaration of Indpendence to wrap a fish any more than using a NOS Fatboy to apply paint; I would use each for their assigned purpose: one to shave, one to read. But to each their own.
:001_rolle

I would no more use the Declaration of Indpendence to wrap a fish any more than using a NOS Fatboy to apply paint; I would use each for their assigned purpose: one to shave, one to read. But to each their own.

Okay, would you use a mint $20 Double Eagle gold coin to pay for a hair cut? That's what they were made for, right? The fact that they would be worth around $3000 mint shouldn't matter, right? Then again, after the barber threw it in a drawer and nicked it up and reduced the value to $2000 shouldn't matter either.

Heck, it is only a coin meant to be spent. It doesn't matter that a mint one is extremely rare. Who cares!

:blink:

Or what if you happened across the coat that Abe Lincoln was wearing on that fateful day at the theater? Just a coat, right? Dang, got to wear that on a cold night at the Bijou Tri-Plex. To bad about the butter stains from the jumbo popcorn. It's just a coat and was meant to be worn.

I did not bid thinking it would go much higher....just goes to show ya.

Glad someone here got it that knows what they have.

What a piece of history!! Congrats....

Wow, well worth it and please listen to AsylumGuido! From a collectors point of view please do not open it!

Wow, well worth it and please listen to AsylumGuido! From a collectors point of view please do not open it!

+1 I understand those who say use it, is just a razor, yeah is just a razor, but it is a unique razor. The moment you open the blister it will become just another Fatboy.
Is just like when you buy a brand new car, the moment you leave the concessionary, it devaluates instantly.

This Fatboy won't shave any better or any worse than any other Fatboy out there. However if you decide to either sell it or keep it, it will only increase its value, as it is, in the near future.

Okay, would you use a mint $20 Double Eagle gold coin to pay for a hair cut? That's what they were made for, right? The fact that they would be worth around $3000 mint shouldn't matter, right? Then again, after the barber threw it in a drawer and nicked it up and reduced the value to $2000 shouldn't matter either.

Heck, it is only a coin meant to be spent. It doesn't matter that a mint one is extremely rare. Who cares!

:blink:

Or what if you happened across the coat that Abe Lincoln was wearing on that fateful day at the theater? Just a coat, right? Dang, got to wear that on a cold night at the Bijou Tri-Plex. To bad about the butter stains from the jumbo popcorn. It's just a coat and was meant to be worn.

It's all apples to oranges. You can continue to argue this all you want; no argument is going to persuade me to think otherwise. If you enjoy a life of collecting never to use it so be it. I see all of this as tools to help me on this journey called life. Do you think your last thought before you die is going to be a) I'm glad I collected all that stuff b) I wish I would have enjoyed x, did x etc or c) I lived a good life and enjoyed it to the fullest?

Top Bottom