What's new

Where are all the Schicks?

There's these job lots of Schick blades on eBay at the moment, so I thought, why not get one of these Art Deco monsters and give it a go...but there's nothing out there--just one US listing. What happened?

Don;t worry about it. I don't recommend you go and shave just now though :lol:

Oh, I don't know..my first (and only) straight razor shave was about a decade ago when I was not only very drunk but very bored and decided to give this antique thing I'd found a go...I'm still alive to tell the tale.

Come to think of it, it must be still around somewhere...if I'm not back in 15 minutes call an ambulance.

Ebay is random like that, especially on discontinued items...... There is an ebb and flow as people sell off their accumulations. I have seen it happen in many other categories as well. The UK has a bunch of blades now fairly cheaply. I would get them and either wait for some razors to show up or post for a trade or a purchase here.... You will get your razor....

Hmm...about those Schicks:

proxy.php

I tried one for the first time late this morning, albeit under slightly less-than-ideal conditions (was interrupted mid-shave for about five minutes), but the experience was sub-par from the get-go, with a fair amount of beard-tugging (this was in my '72 Gillette Super Adjustable at the 3 setting; I'll try the same blade again in the 40s Aristocrat tomorrow). I got an "okay" shave, but the effort upstaged the results. Of course, I picked up these on a lark at the local drug store, so no regrets. I have a big order of Dorco ST-300s on the way, and, for the moment, nothing could be finer, at least in my Aristocrat.

- Barrett

Top Bottom