What's new

Where are all the English Red Tips?

Dunno. I have only seen a couple for sale for the last couple of years. I got a Rocket RT but it cost me a bundle.

Same actually goes for Rocket blue tips.

I got a user grade red tip rocket for under $100 USD with international shipping but in the main the last few I've seen that have shown up for sale on the bay went for above $100 USD.

Buying lesson, when they say no international shipping, buy it anyways and ask them to quote you a shipping cost afterwards. The seller is not going to cancel the sale 9 out of 10 times if you are paying the shipping.

I got a user grade red tip rocket for under $100 USD with international shipping but in the main the last few I've seen that have shown up for sale on the bay went for above $100 USD.

Buying lesson, when they say no international shipping, buy it anyways and ask them to quote you a shipping cost afterwards. The seller is not going to cancel the sale 9 out of 10 times if you are paying the shipping.

Well, since we are discussing prices I will admit to having paid ever so slightly more :scared: for my Rocket RT, but it is in superb condition with original case and all. Got it from Australia (sorry @HarryAU570). On the other hand I paid (only) 60 USD for my English Super-Speed RT, which I found in Sweden of all places. But that is literally NOS condition so still an ok price I think.

Personally - of all my Rockets I prefer the shave of the HD/Monobloc/#58 or the 1949 regular Rocket.

40111744-F076-4602-BC08-2BDF330FEADA.jpeg
CD292588-468E-4D95-BD1D-427F3B17F5C2.jpeg
5AF55075-41A8-421A-994D-90A1B889E500.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, since we are discussing prices I will admit to having paid ever so slightly more :scared: for my Rocket RT, but it is in superb condition with original case and all. Got it from Australia (sorry @HarryAU570). On the other hand I paid (only) 60 USD for my English Super-Speed RT, which I found in Sweden of all places. But that is literally NOS condition so still an ok price I think.

Personally - of all my Rockets I prefer the shave of the HD/Monobloc/#58 or the 1949 regular Rocket.

View attachment 923101 View attachment 923102View attachment 923106

Based on the few British red tip SS I've seen somewhere between double to triple the average US red tip price without a case seems to be the current market. I got my British red tip SS for $54 USD state side without a case but I could have easily paid $60 and up if I bought it internationally.

I also have to admit I made out on the currency exchange difference when I bought the red tip rocket since it was an Australian seller and they priced it based on AUS locally and not USD converted into AUS like some other sellers do.

You lucky dog, I couldn’t find one online a few days ago

You lucky dog, I couldn’t find one online a few days ago

Thanks - well, I was looking closely (and globally) for 1,5 years on Ebay, Etsy, B&B etc.etc. before this Rocket RT came up. And I only saw one(!) come up for sale since. And seemingly it did not get sold! - I really wondered why, was cheaper than mine!

So when the next comes up you gotta grab it fast! - The Red Tip is by far the hard one to get and prices unfortunately will be correspondingly high. And you may need to accept an international buy. When I buy internationally (=99% of the time) I have to accept shipping + customs/taxes, which together increases my purchase cost by +60%!

My British SS was a happenstance lucky find as I stumbled upon it when looking for something else.

Last edited:

Absolutely fabulous!! Congrats on a great specimen!! :a14::a14:

Agree they are very hard to find. Took 2 years scouring the net daily (plus lots a luck) to find the 2 Brits. Luv them all.
IMG_4648 (1).JPG

Where are all the English Red Tips?

Well, one of them is in my hands. Chanced upon one on the bay, it was in a #21 set case and well camouflaged.
I got it for very little and when it arrived it was mint, as in probably used once or twice. Still cant believe my luck.

I love the shave from this....super efficient and smooth.

Im on the lookout for a Red Tip Rocket next....those are even rarer.

Here's my redtip parade. I'm still on the hunt for another Made In England case for the UK SS

W6eGTRN - Imgur.jpg
Kqtw5yR - Imgur.jpg
Kf9sVnf - Imgur.jpg

Attachments

• Kf9sVnf - Imgur.jpg
    Kf9sVnf - Imgur.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 1
Picked up a English red tip SS recently. ~$4USD. Second-hand shop in New Zealand. Pitting on doors and oxidation on handle. New to wet shaving. Feedback from "replate or not" question on B&B was to try and see if like it then replate though may not get good finish given pitting. You guys seem avid collectors, is it sacrilege to replate hard to find razors? Cheers.

Attachments

• F5E78199-C860-4DF9-8356-374BC01C849D.jpeg
    F5E78199-C860-4DF9-8356-374BC01C849D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • B139F898-B8A8-4550-B96E-5F70DD2804EF.jpeg
    B139F898-B8A8-4550-B96E-5F70DD2804EF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
If that's an English Red Tip SS, be glad you got it despite any aesthetic issues! I love mine even more than my Red Tip Rocket. As long as the mechanics work well, you're good to go. I use a bit of mineral oil at the point where the TTO meets the handle and twist back and forth so the oil gets in there; work it in. You can use some MAAS metal polisher and see what you get- good stuff. But really, enjoy the shave man. These English SSs are a real score and shave very, very nicely. Enjoy!

Yes, I understand that you can't polish off pits. But it may resolve other discoloration issues on the plating. It undoubtedly would be a cheap and easy way to try to improve the appearance. Godawgs- give it a try, I'm sure it will help.

I purchased a British Red Tip SS on the BST recently (Thank You Peter), but am still on the lookout for a Red Tip Rocket. I did luck in to a Blue Tip Rocket recently for next to nothing. The British Super Speeds are beautiful razors.

I purchased a British Red Tip SS on the BST recently (Thank You Peter), but am still on the lookout for a Red Tip Rocket.
The last one I say several months back was listed on eBay for $200 BIN (in VCG, no case).
Not sure if sold and at what price but it disappeared shortly after.
You might want to post WTB thread here.
Good luck!

Top Bottom