What's new

Smoothest vintage Gillette with good efficiency?

All vintage Gillettes shave well, but the smoothest and most efficient is the post-‘77 SuperAdjustable 109 with the nylon base plate. It is the best adjustable razor in the world.
Is there a difference between the ones with plastic under the head and those that are all metal in shave?

Might want to check out the Gillette Deluxe for more aggressive shave. I find it to be a great choice with some stubble as it mows down the growth great. At times, it's too aggressive to use daily but is a great addition to the den.

Might want to check out the Gillette Deluxe for more aggressive shave. I find it to be a great choice with some stubble as it mows down the growth great. At times, it's too aggressive to use daily but is a great addition to the den.
I have to walk a fine line. I can’t go too aggressive, hence why I am seeking just a small incremental jump from the silver flare tip.

Great suggestions in this thread!! Personally, I would go for a Slim as that would allow a range of options.
I guess I’ll go with that , or what ever is cheaper between the slim and the black handles
Yes. The nylon version is slightly less head heavy. It’s beautifully balanced.
No I’m asking of the nylon, some have plastic under the head , some do not and are full metal. Is there a difference between those?

Gillette long comb New is another contender, unless you insist on a solid safety bar.

The LC New is kind of like a Tech but with an open comb, which makes it more efficient. It is still smooth and comfy and could be used daily without any problems.

I have been fortunate enough to acquire a hybrid Tech and that's about the pinnacle of Gillette for me, but I do love the Aristocrats with the flat blade bed (i.e., no diamond cut-out around the blade post).

Top Bottom