What's new

What's your soap for today?

T&S gift from the wife.
0796F768-BC64-4088-B017-6CB544D9B96D.jpeg

First shave with a newly obtained vintage single ring Gillette (circa 1907 Based on patent number) so naturally I had to go with a more old school soap - Tabac was the selection.
I found the razor to have some blade feel which I like, certainly is aggressive but not in a bad way. Efficient yes. I didn’t find it to be overly aggressive which some feel to be the case.
96BFDC5C-3967-42A0-8BA6-ED36B236D833.jpeg
Used a Gillette 7 o’clock blade

First shave with a newly obtained vintage single ring Gillette (circa 1907 Based on patent number) so naturally I had to go with a more old school soap - Tabac was the selection.
I found the razor to have some blade feel which I like, certainly is aggressive but not in a bad way. Efficient yes. I didn’t find it to be overly aggressive which some feel to be the case. View attachment 1065176Used a Gillette 7 o’clock blade
Very cool.

B&M Seville. This was my first experience with this soap and AS. I’m happy with it as far as lathering, but for the life of me I can’t really make out a firm scent at all. The only real note I can smell is citrus, and even that isn’t very strong and seems to disappear quite quickly even from my hands after the splash. I think my Lucky Tiger smelled stronger than even the B&M aftershave. I get a much more noticeable “barbershop” scent from my Fine Acoutraments AS. Kind of on the fence about this one. I want to like it but it’s nearly scentless for me.

IMG_20200220_202405.jpg

Face lathered (for the second time ever) with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Face lathering with this soap has been a revelation! I miss the warmth my scuttle provides, but oh, the lather!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom