What's new

What's your soap for today?

I used "Vanderspice". I bought several fragrance oils from a soap making supply company. I melt down the VDH and add whatever fragrance I am in the mood for. If I really like the fragrance I'll make 5 oz at a time. I don't think I'll make this size anymore though as it takes 5-6 months to use up. I use VDH because I like it better than the others I've tried. My wife is getting into soap making, so I'll probably make some from scratch after I learn which ingredients give the soap the properties I want. Sorry, this answer was way tooo long.....

As of 12:10AM today (just after midnight) finished using vintage Williams (Cranford, NJ). Will use a cream tonight, still undecided which one.

Proraso Ultra Sensitive. I'm nearing end of second month of DE shaving so it is my "control" soap :) I don't have "Ultra Sensitive" skin but I figured my skin might get pretty sensitive while I started out. The soap has been excellent for a beginner. I shower with my Tweezerman in a cup of hot water and a few drops of hot water on the soap waiting by the sink. Then I give the Tweezerman a little shake and start swirling the brush on the soap holding the brush at the base of the bristles for about 30 to 45 seconds. Then face lather. I get a great lather and could go as many passes as I would like. I actually have a nice AOS pure badger brush but haven't got that one mastered yet like the Tweezerman. Sorry to ramble but thought this might help a newbie as well :)

It won't be until tonight, but I'm thinking it will be the Klar Seifen Sport that just arrived. So far, I'm really enjoying the scent! (worth a few strange glances received from around the office...)

Top Bottom