What's your soap for today?

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Balj86, Jul 23, 2012.

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:!

Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

1. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Emeritus

SCS Orange Sorbet stick.... smells yummy!

2. That sounds excellent and never tried to SCS. Need to at some point!

3. mvk

mvk

I used "Vanderspice". I bought several fragrance oils from a soap making supply company. I melt down the VDH and add whatever fragrance I am in the mood for. If I really like the fragrance I'll make 5 oz at a time. I don't think I'll make this size anymore though as it takes 5-6 months to use up. I use VDH because I like it better than the others I've tried. My wife is getting into soap making, so I'll probably make some from scratch after I learn which ingredients give the soap the properties I want. Sorry, this answer was way tooo long.....

4. Not a problem at all, that's the fun when posting!

5. Irisch Moos

6. Neals Yard

7. I Coloniali Mango Oil.

Great for the summer time!

8. Proraso , Love it on a hot and humid day ..

9. VDH Deluxe mixed with Proraso (C.O. Bigelow) cream....love it

10. Vintage Dubarry shaving stick from the 1930s. I'm starting to think that soap gets better with age, b/c this stuff is amazing.

11. Proraso because it's 100 out today. Tomorrow AOS Lemon.

12. As of 12:10AM today (just after midnight) finished using vintage Williams (Cranford, NJ). Will use a cream tonight, still undecided which one.

13. CB1

CB1

Proraso Ultra Sensitive. I'm nearing end of second month of DE shaving so it is my "control" soap :) I don't have "Ultra Sensitive" skin but I figured my skin might get pretty sensitive while I started out. The soap has been excellent for a beginner. I shower with my Tweezerman in a cup of hot water and a few drops of hot water on the soap waiting by the sink. Then I give the Tweezerman a little shake and start swirling the brush on the soap holding the brush at the base of the bristles for about 30 to 45 seconds. Then face lather. I get a great lather and could go as many passes as I would like. I actually have a nice AOS pure badger brush but haven't got that one mastered yet like the Tweezerman. Sorry to ramble but thought this might help a newbie as well :)

14. Harris Arlington :001_wub:

15. The Fat

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  16. It won't be until tonight, but I'm thinking it will be the Klar Seifen Sport that just arrived. So far, I'm really enjoying the scent! (worth a few strange glances received from around the office...)

17. Haslinger coconut - starts lathering as the badger hairs touch the surface - it's that easy.

18. Because it is warm today I used TFS Freschezza "Polare"

19. Mitchell's Woolfat.