What's new

What's your soap for today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore "Firenze" :thumbsup:

SOTD Jan 28th -2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I would certainly love to try some of the offerings from Haslinger. What does one do with those small (~ 2 oz.) pucks? I am accustomed to soaps that "fit" snugly in their given containers.

No problem. A couple methods I have tried include the following: hold puck in hand while loading soap after a few drops of warm water have had time to bloom the puck, then lather on face; another method is to bloom the puck in the container while in the shower, then load and lather soap in the container. In the second method, it's quite easy to contain the puck in the container (see what I did there?) while loading. It's not really like chasing a hockey puck; after a couple uses the puck is stationary so that it's easy to load the brush. :) YMMV. I recall that you use a Simpsons 56; I have a 55, and it's really an easy soap to lather, particularly with a more compact brush like the smaller of the 50s series. I'll add a photo below showing the puck in the container I store it in for reference. Hope this helps! I love this soap!!!

BTW, love your jazz avatars! I'm quite a fan of West Coast and cool jazz myself; I really enjoy Dave Brubeck, Art Pepper, and Bill Evans Trio; even Miles in his Kind of Blue style rather than his more fusionesque styles.

IMG_0777.jpg

Top Bottom