What's new

What's your soap for today?

Razorock / Mudder Focker
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have to ask, what order do you use the Proraso lotion and the Nivea balm? I've always just used balm, but am looking at using a balm(Duke Cannon) and Proraso red lotion.
I usually use the balm on the last application of the shave, but if the Aftershaves have Alcohol I will apply the balm before if I remember just to offset some of the dryness Alcohol can do to skin.( just learned that procedure from West coast shaving videos.) Balm is not really needed with Proraso red Sandal wood lotion, but it will not hurt anything either.

Stirling Barbershop
And I don't point the finger lightly or toss around the word capriciously, but I was cheated ... CHEATED, I tells ya.
Barbershop is made of the same stuff used in the other Stirling soaps, only with a different scent. It reminds me of the dusting powder the barber used on my neck after a haircut when I was in grade school.
Barbershop whipped up into a dense and extra slick lather. I don't like the idea that it may equal or surpass my Cremogena blend, but I'll face that later.
Todays' shave could have sufficed as a single pass shave, had I been in a hurry. I've seldom been able to say that before.
Now my complaint: I enjoy lathering and shaving multiple passes. It's just part of the shave. But Barbershop robbed me of the necessity to do more than a 2 pass shave. The 2nd pass did a little clean-up, but the 3rd pass was just a ceremonial scraping of soap off my face.
As a result, there's no nicks, weepers, irritation, and no sting from the vodka in my post-shave balm. Easily a 12 hour shave.
Razors: Left Side: Slim / Voskhod on 5th shave. Right Side: Knack / BIC Platinum on 5th shave.

Southern Witchcrafts DRUANTIA
A sample for 2 shaves, yesterday and today.
The performance was great, scent ok, however too sweet for my liking.

Spieck + Valobra stick remnants combined into a frankensoap = "Spalobra" or "Valobrack".

The unforgettable fragrance of a BMW engineer shaving in Dracula's castle.

Top Bottom