What's new

What's your pet peeve about wet shaving?

I get very angry that blade manufacturers do not put clear instructions on packs on the best way to What's the best way to open a tuck of blades? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-open-a-tuck-of-blades.617122/

My homearge (sic) to a classic thread.

I have decided to attribute trolling and spamming to many posts on this thread because I like the little picture of a tin of SPAM which I much enjoy with mashed potatoes and tinned marrowfat peas and the picture of Queen Cleopatra as seen on Netflix.

Last edited:
The amount of time it takes
The Schick Hydro 5 is your friend. With a can of Edge, you're over and done in under two minutes with at worst an 8/10 shave, no chance of blood. I usually shave at night since I start work at an ungodly (for me) hour, then shower in the morning. But for those nights I don't get to it, I don't have to get up any earlier to get out of the house and off to work with a decent shave.

This overlaps into another current thread (sort of) - I used to mock the blade wars during the race to 5 blades. Then I got a free Fusion with some anti-perspirant I had bought at Costco. I was astonished at (and somewhat humbled by) the result. Not long after, the local drug store had a BOGO sale on Edge gel, and with each can you got a free Hydro 5. At a buck each, I cleared them out. That moved me over to Schick.

I cry when a beloved razor falls from the shelf. My shelf(vs) are crowded and and when or if it falls onto the ceramic tile on the floor or in the sink damage occurs. I've had 2 expensive razors damaged that way and my sink has chips in it.
That happened to me a couple of times. It feels terrible. Even more so because you can only blame yourself. Maybe we should buy plastic razors.

No big pet peeves here, but maybe 2 small ones:

1. Having to cut off the blade tabs for razor heads that are juuuuuust shy of covering said blade tabs. (By, like, a millimetre.)

2. People saying 'gentle exfoliation' when they mean 'torture' in the context of a 'natural hair' brush, which means 'pig, horse or porcupine but definitely not badger'.

Why, then, in the name of all that is holy, do alum blocks inevitably slip out of your fingers and shatter in the sink?!
Random tip: big alum sticks with nice grippy bases are usually sold as a deodorant.
Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 16.08.51.png
Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 16.11.48.png

Ok, I’m in the mood now. I wouldn’t call this a pet peeve because I don’t generally buy anything from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, but they irritated me today again with a marketing email. None of their product descriptions tells you anything remotely useful - it’s just irrelevant waffle and it goes on forever.

Today’s email was about a new brush. The handle is clear perspex, judging by the picture. The long ramble doesn’t get around to mentioning whether it is a synthetic knot, but I’m going to assume it is. They say it is ‘hybrid’ but don’t give any indication of what things it is a hybrid of. Then they end it saying the tips are ‘almost gel like’. What could they mean by that?

I can only assume people buy PAA stuff entirely on the looks or the picture on the box. There’s never anything else for you base a decision on. All their products are like that.

And who calls a shop ‘artisan accoutrements’? Isn’t that just dreadful?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
No big pet peeves here, but maybe 2 small ones:

1. Having to cut off the blade tabs for razor heads that are juuuuuust shy of covering said blade tabs. (By, like, a millimetre.)

2. People saying 'gentle exfoliation' when they mean 'torture' in the context of a 'natural hair' brush, which means 'pig, horse or porcupine but definitely not badger'.

Random tip: big alum sticks with nice grippy bases are usually sold as a deodorant.
View attachment 1657347View attachment 1657348

They also make potassium alum in a liquid roll on form and add other skin goodies like, aloe & lavender. :)

1684601271621.jpeg

Top Bottom