What's new

What's your pet peeve about wet shaving?

I actually used to shave in the shower before I retired. Thinking about, I did wash my body and face first before I shaved.

Now, I shower at night to go to bed clean on clean sheets and then shave first thing in the morning at the sink. A splash of warm water on the face and then face lathering with a loaded brush of soap, I think cleans my face adequately just before I take a razor to it? :)

Yeah there's no right way to shave. There are some basics that need to be followed but beyond that it's very much a matter of doing what works for you.

I don't have a per peeve yet, I'm still in the honey moon phase. I hope to soon find something in the wet shaving world to annoy me. Until I then I will have to settle for my wife, she keeps me irritated enough, and makes sure I don't enjoy anything too much.

So, what's your number one pet peeve about wet shaving? What spikes your blood pressure, makes you cuss, or spit on the floor?

The number one thing that makes me cuss is when a brush sheds. I absolutely hate seeing bristles on my shaving soap, or on my face. Brushes have knots glued in place for a reason, darn it.
The water on the floor especially from the initial face washing. Many modern sink bowls are too shallow and small; plus, the faux granite edge around the bowl in my bathroom has a teflon type finish that pools water.

The number one thing that makes me cuss is when a brush sheds.

I only had one brush that shed enough to annoy me, a Simpson Rover bought in 2011. I only kept it because of the handle. I used it off and on for a couple years, then banished it to my basement shave box because of shedding. After 5-6 years, I took it out with plans to get a new knot, and it had stopped shedding. I always loved the thicker knot, and handle, and wonder why Simpson discontinued it.

Has been said before but:

Glue dots!

Blade alignment.

And…

Klackediklack KLACK! Yeah, THAT sound. The sound of brush klacking bowl. You could break down black ops operators using that sound.

Also. And this might be unpopular but the promise of everlasting soft skin that will make every individual on Earth come to a grinding halt. They enter a trans-like state, chanting *moist* whilst slowly dragging their bodies towards your face. Skin so soft and hydrated that…you get the point. Its soap…SOAP. Use lotion after dragging metal up and down your face. Just do it. Its getting to the point of comedy at this point.

Ingredients:

Potasium tallowate, deer hide oil, upper snake tail fat, dust from shooting star, rhino toenail clippings, zebra spit, moose fart condensation, dehydrated baby laughter, clay from the outer ring of saturn

Use lotion!

I get very angry that blade manufacturers do not put clear instructions on packs on the best way to What's the best way to open a tuck of blades? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-open-a-tuck-of-blades.617122/

My homearge (sic) to a classic thread.

I have decided to attribute trolling and spamming to many posts on this thread because I like the little picture of a tin of SPAM which I much enjoy with mashed potatoes and tinned marrowfat peas and the picture of Queen Cleopatra as seen on Netflix.
I agree.

I only shave with vintage SE’s razors that use SE blades.

When buying GEM blades some packages do not state whether the blades are coated or not.

These are the only blades I know of that are very specific.

It would be nice to have all blade packaging be more specific.

1. Are they CS vs SS
2. Are they coated Vs not coated

Attachments

• IMG_3891.jpeg
    IMG_3891.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I agree.

I only shave with vintage SE’s razors that use SE blades.

When buying GEM blades some packages do not state whether the blades are coated or not.

These are the only blades I know of that are very specific.

It would be nice to have all blade packaging be more specific.

1. Are they CS vs SS
2. Are they coated Vs not coated
Oh ya

It would be nice if blade packaging states that the blades are for shaving.

Everyday drugstore products just don't get enough love. People, this stuff has stayed around for a long time for a reason, not just because it's cheap! it actually works!

Has been said before but:

Glue dots!

Blade alignment.

Also. And this might be unpopular but the promise of everlasting soft skin that will make every individual on Earth come to a grinding halt. They enter a trans-like state, chanting *moist* whilst slowly dragging their bodies towards your face. Skin so soft and hydrated that…you get the point. Its soap…SOAP. Use lotion after dragging metal up and down your face. Just do it. Its getting to the point of comedy at this point.

Use lotion!

Indeedy... my 'post shave feel' is down to using an alum block and then Thayer's mixed some with Tea Tree oil - i don't use shave soap as an aftershave balm.

(Happily, Gillette London Bridge blades have no glue dots at all)

I am a bit peeved that someone's wife didn't like Pre De Provence 63... that's just absurd. Mind you... mine did spontaneously say how much she liked the smell (delicate words lile 'scent' do not apply here)of Sterling Electric Sheep, so each to their own. :eek2:

Top Bottom